Dubois County, Indiana GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Dubois County Courthouse
1 Courthouse Square
Jasper, IN 47546
Recorder Library has marriage, divorce, probate, land, court
and naturalization records from 1839 and military records from 1864.
County Health Department has birth and death records from 1882. 
August 1839 -- Courthouse burned and many records were damaged.
For further information on researching in burned counties, see the following:
- Burned Counties Research in FamilySearch Wiki
- Michael John Neill, Burned Counties in Family History Circle
For tips on accessing Dubois County, Indiana Genealogy census records online, see: Indiana Census.
- Index to Defective, Dependent & Delinquent Census for Dubois County (1880) ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Early Residents of Dubois County (1807-1820) ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Directory of Businesses in Dubois County (1868) ($, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Anderson, Forrest R. 1942.Historical notes on Dubois & Pike Counties, Indiana. (Ireland, Ind: [s.n.].) FamilySearch Books Online; FHL US/CAN Film 928078 Item 3 FHL Collection; other libraries acestry.com $
- History of Pike and Dubois counties, Indiana: from the earliest time to the present, with biographical sketches, reminiscences, notes, etc. : together with an extended history of the Northwest, the Indiana Territory, and the state of Indiana. 2000. (La Crosse, Wis: Brookhaven Press. Harvard (18th ed.)) 977.23 H2h FHL US/CAN Book FHL Collection other library INTERNET ARCHIVE
Civil War service men from Dubois County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Listed below are companies that were specifically formed in Dubois County
- 10th Regiment, Indiana Cavalry, Company M
- 14th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company C
- 27th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company K
- 42nd Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies B, and H
- 49th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company I
- 58th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Companies C, and E
- 65th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company K
- 65th Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company E
- 143rd Regiment, Indiana Infantry, Company E
Civil War Books
- "Military History Of The County" Chapter 5 in History of Pike and Dubois counties, Indiana: from the earliest time to the present, with biographical sketches, reminiscences, notes, etc. : together with an extended history of the Northwest, the Indiana Territory, and the state of Indiana. 2000. (La Crosse, Wis: Brookhaven Press. Harvard (18th ed.)) (page 520-538), 977.23 H2h FHL US/CAN Book FHL Collection other library INTERNET ARCHIVE
- Directory of Teachers (1936) (members only database, Indiana Genealogical Society)
- Indiana State Digital Achives for Death, E-Publication, Instiution, Military, Misc Historical, Naturalization Records can be searched by person name (accessed 26 May 2011)
- Indiana Marriages, 1802-1892 - Ancestry.con $
- Indiana Marriages, 1780-1992 - FamilySearch
- Indiana Marriage, 1811-1959 - FamilySearch
- Indiana, Death Index, 1882-1920 - FamilySearch
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- Dubois County, Indiana Genealogy and Family History (Linkpendium)
- ↑ Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America, 10th ed. (Draper, Utah: Everton Pub., 2002), Dubois County, Indiana 212 At various libraries (WorldCat); FHL Book 973 D27e 2002.
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News