Dukes County, MassachusettsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 22:02, 11 October 2008 by Dsammy
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
The County of Dukes County
PO Box 190
Edgartown, MA 02539
- The oddity of the name of the county is due to the statute that created this county.
- Created 1 Nov 1683 when it was claimed by Colony of New York, then reclaimed by Massachusetts Bay Colony, re-established 22 June 1695.
- Nantucket County set off 22 June 1695 at the same time when old Dukes County was reorganized.
Places / Localities
- Vineyard Haven
Societies and Libraries
- The Dukes County MAGenWeb Project, an member of The MAGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Dukes County
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Dukes County
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More