Dukes County, Massachusetts GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 16:20, 10 September 2008 by Standingve
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Please review the contributor help to assist you in editing.
The County of Dukes County
PO Box 190
Edgartown, MA 02539
- The oddity of the name of the county is due to the statute that created this county.
- Created 1 Nov 1683 when it was claimed by Colony of New York, then reclaimed by Massachusetts Bay Colony, re-established 22 June 1695.
- Nantucket County set off 22 June 1695 at the same time when old Dukes County was reorganized.
Places / Localities
- Towns: Aquinnah . Chilmark . Edgartown . Gosnold . Oak Bluffs . Tisbury . West Tisbury
- Community: Vineyard Haven
Societies and Libraries
- The Dukes County MAGenWeb Project, an member of The MAGenWeb Project, an affiliate of The USGenWeb Project.
- The USGenWeb Archives Project for Dukes County
- FamilySearch.org Family History Library catalog for Dukes County
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News