Dunmore County, Virginia GenealogyEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
1772--Dunmore County was created in 1772 from Frederick County.
1778--Renamed Shanando (now Shenandoah) County in 1778
It is anticipated that this bibliography will eventually identify all known family histories published about residents of this county. Use this list to:
- Locate publications about direct ancestors
- Find the most updated accounts of an ancestor's family
- Identify publications, to quote Elizabeth Shown Mills, about an ancestor's "FAN Club" [Friends, Associates, and Neighbors]
- [Plumlee] Houp, J. Randall. The Descendants of Isaac & Margaret (Bradshaw) Plumlee, White County, Tennessee. Alma, Ark.: J. Randall Houp, 1991. FHL FAM HIST Book 929.273 P735h.
Regiments. Service men in Dunmore County served in various regiments. Men often joined a company (within a regiment) that originated in their county. Dunmore County supplied soldiers for the:
Societies and Libraries
Family History Centers
- ↑ E.M. Sanchez-Saavedra, A Guide to Virginia Military Organizations in the American Revolution, 1774-1787 (Richmond, Va.: Virginia State Library, 1978), 67-68. FHL Book 975.5 M2s.