Dypvåg, Aust-Agder, Norway Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
m (fixed Category)
|(3 intermediate revisions by 3 users not shown)|
|Line 43:||Line 43:|
=== Farm Names ===
=== Farm Names ===
28 Aas 16 Askerøen vestre 21 Barlinddalen 13 Borøen ytre 21 Brenningskjæret 17 Bukholmen 32 Bukholmen 34 Eidbu 21 Flatskjær med Vinterstø 35 Furøen 21 Geving 30 Gjesøen 22 Gjøseid 34 Grønland 21 Hellersøen 15 Kilene 29 Kilsenden 24 Knutlien 27 Kraakevaag 19 Lyngør indre 22 Løvdal 33 Nes og Hovden 23 Normandvik 25 Præstegaarden 24 Reinsfjeld 20 Risøen 14 Sandøen vestre 31 Skatbunes 21 Skipvik 34 Stokkebu 26 Størdal 29 Ulevaag 27 Usnes
28 Aas16 Askerøen vestre21 Barlinddalen13 Borøen ytre21 Brenningskjæret17 Bukholmen32 Bukholmen34 Eidbu21 Flatskjær med Vinterstø35 Furøen21 Geving30 Gjesøen22 Gjøseid34 Grønland21 Hellersøen15 Kilene29 Kilsenden24 Knutlien27 Kraakevaag19 Lyngør indre22 Løvdal33 Nes og Hovden23 Normandvik25 Præstegaarden24 Reinsfjeld20 Risøen14 Sandøen vestre31 Skatbunes21 Skipvik34 Stokkebu26 Størdal29 Ulevaag27 Usnes
=== Probate Records ===
=== Probate Records ===
Holt (Austre Nedenes) judicial district.
Revision as of 22:05, 30 December 2013
Microfilm at the Family History Library for Dypvåg prestegjeld (clerical district). Contains priest and sexton records from the parishes Dypvåg (Dybvåg) and Flosta (Flaugstad). They were separated from Holt clerical district in 1812. See Sønneløv clerical district for some church records for the years 1801-1815. Parish registers from 1699-1924.
Digitized parish registers are available online at Digitalarkivet [Digital Archives]
Sogneprestenes manntall 1664-1666. This census is available on microfilm at the Family History Libraryand include the parishes of: Dypvåg (Dybvåg), Tromøy, Holt, Austre Moland, Flosta, Arendal and Kristiansand. This census was taken by the local parish priests. It lists the name of the farms, names of farm owners (including widows), the sons of the farm owners, male farm hands, cottagers and their sons, and the ages of each person. There was another census taken by the civil authorities at this same time. Both censuses should be searched as they supplement each other. This clerical census is more complete.
Fogdernes og sorenskrivernes manntall 1664-1666. This census is available on microfilm a the Family History Library, and include the parishes of: Dypvåg (Dybvåg) Flosta, Arendal, Austre Moland, Holt, Tromøy and Tvedestrand. This census was taken by the local civil authorities. It lists the names of the farms, farmowners (including widows), sons of farm owners, male farm hands, cottagers and sons of cottagers and the age of each person. The clerical authorities took a census during this same time period. Both censuses should be used as they supplement each other. The clerical census is more complete.
- 1701: Manntall 1701 : optatt av fogderi, sorenskrivere og sogneprester ifølge kongebrev av 26 juli 1701. This census is available on microfilm at the Family History Library and include the following parishes: Dybvåg (Dypvåg), Holt, Tromøy, Arendal, Austre Moland and Flosta. The census of 1701 was taken for military purposes. It lists only the males living in rural districts who were over the age of one year. It includes the farm name, name and age of the owner, names and ages of sons and servants. Also includes the residence of all unmarried males living away from home when the census was taken.
- 1815: 1815 folketelling for Dypvåg sogn i Dypvåg (Dybvåg) prestegjeld (Aust-Agder). This census is available on microfilm at the Family History Library. The 1815 census for Dypvåg parish in Dybvåg clerical district. Includes the head of houshold (or his widow), his wife, children, other family members staying in household, fosterchildren, servants, occupation, sex, age and some miscellaneous information.
- 1825: 1825 folketelling for Borøy i Dypvåg sogn Dypvåg prestegjeld (Aust-Agder). This census is available on microfilm at the Family History Library. The 1825 census for Borøy in Dypvåg parish, Dybvåg clerical district includes the farm names, head of household (or his widow), his wife, children, other family members staying in household, servants, occupation, sex, age and some miscellaneous information.
- 1865: Folketellingen den 31te desember 1865.This census is available on microfilm at theFamily History Library and include the parishes of Dybvåg (Dypvåg) and Flosta. This 1865census contains the name of the farm, persons name, status in the family, residence, occupation, sex, marital state, place of birth, age, religion if not a member of the state church, and other miscellaneous information. Each book usually contains one clerical district (prestegjeld). In some books there are two clerical districts recorded. The parishes and school districts in each clerical district are listed at the beginning of each book. also available online atDigitalarkivet (Digital Archives) of Norway.
- 1875: Folketælling for kongeriget Norge den 31te December 1875. This census is available on microfilm at the Family History Library and include the parishes of Dybvåg (Dypvåg) andFlosta. This 1875 census contains the name of the farm, persons name, year of birth, position in the family, occupation, sex, marital status, place birth, religion if not a member of the state church, and other miscellaneous information.
- 1900: Folketælling for Norge, 3 Dec 1900. Available on microfilm at the Family History Library and include the parishes of Dybvåg (Dypvåg) and Flosta. This census contains the name of the farm, persons name, sex, resident or temporary resident, temporarily absent and where person is, position in the family, marital status, occupation, when born, where born, citizenship, religion, and other miscellaneous information. Also available online in a searchable database at Digitalarkivet (Digital Archives) of Norway.
- 1910: Søk i folketellingen fra 1910, 1 desember 1910. Available online in a searchable database at Digitalarkivet (Digital Archives) as well as at the Norwegian Historical Data Centre at the University of Tromsø in Norway.
The farm number and name of the farms listed in Oluf Rygh Farm Names Index in about 1900 were as follows:
28 Aas, 16 Askerøen vestre, 21 Barlinddalen, 13 Borøen ytre, 21 Brenningskjæret, 17 Bukholmen, 32 Bukholmen, 34 Eidbu, 21 Flatskjær med Vinterstø, 35 Furøen, 21 Geving, 30 Gjesøen, 22 Gjøseid, 34 Grønland, 21 Hellersøen, 15 Kilene, 29 Kilsenden, 24 Knutlien, 27 Kraakevaag, 19 Lyngør indre, 22 Løvdal, 33 Nes og Hovden, 23 Normandvik, 25 Præstegaarden, 24 Reinsfjeld, 20 Risøen, 14 Sandøen vestre, 31 Skatbunes, 21 Skipvik, 34 Stokkebu, 26 Størdal, 29 Ulevaag, 27 Usnes
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More