Eagle Mountain Utah Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 00:10, 28 May 2013 by Gpford5
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
- Phone: 801-789-7089
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (Director)
- Tue: 9am - 12 pm, 6pm - 9pm
- Wed: 10am - 1pm, 6pm - 9pm
- Thu: 6pm - 9pm
- Sat: 9am - 12pm
- Sun: By Appointment -- 801-789-8833
- Sister Session: Tue, 12pm - 2pm (by Apppmt -- 801-376-0962)
- Closed holidays
- Closed Saturday, May 25, 2013 for Memorial Day
- Closed Saturday June 1, 2013 for Pony Express Days
Calendar and Events
- [[<iframe src="https://www.google.com/calendar/embed?src=nhhp0qd9uoente03j18ef17iu8%40group.calendar.google.com&ctz=America/Los_Angeles" style="border: 0" width="800" height="600" frameborder="0" scrolling="no"></iframe>|EM/SS FHC Calendar]]
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- The library has a local collection of microfilms...press to view list. When you search the catalog for microfilms, films located at the Eagle Mountain Center will be indicated. As with all microfilms, they need to be viewed at the Center.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
- Available browsers include Explorer, Chrome, and Firefox.
- Family history software includes RootMagic, Ancestral Quest, PAF, and Legacy Family Tree.
- Other software includes OpenOffice, IrfanView, and others
Hardware and Equipment
- 8 desktop computers and laptop positions (cable provided).
- Two film readers.
- Training & Classes: Utah South Area (Orem) Family History Training Center
- Training, Classes & Lectures: Riverton FamilySearch Library
- Research: BYU Family History Library
Volunteer at the Center
- If you would like to volunteer to work at the Center, please contact Greg or Susan Ford: 801-789-8833, or email@example.com.