Ector County, TexasEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Texas-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
Ector County has had two courthouses. The old red brick courthouse, built in 1904, was torn down in 1938, when the new Art Deco style courthouse opened. In 1964 a new courthouse was built around the 1938 courthouse, changing the look of the courthouse.
Ector County Court House
300 N. Grant
Odessa, TX 79761
Inventory of County Records, Ector County Courthouse, 1973, edited by Carolyn Trigg. Read the book online at The Portal to Texas History.
Gardendale | Goldsmith | Odessa | Penwell | Pleasant Farms | Notrees
Texas Counties Map. Click on the county to go to the Texas Genweb site
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
Societies and Libraries
- Ector County Texas TXGenWeb site history, photos, cemeteries and more.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback