Edøy, NorwayEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Edøy clerical district contains parish registers from the parishes Edøy, Brattvær, Hopen and Tustna. Brattvær and Hopen were separated from Aure clerical district in 1749. Tustna was separated from Edøy parish in 1867.
The Family History Library has microfilm copies of the church books, 1751-1931.
Digital images are online at Digitalarkivet:
- 1664-1666: Sogneprestenes manntall 1664-1666. The 1664-1666 census forEdøy clerical district is available on microfilm at the Family History Library. Include the parishes ofEdøy, Brattvær, Hopen andAure.
- 1801: Folketellingen den 1ste februar 1801, Norge. The 1801 census for Edøy clerical district is available on microfilm at the Family History Library. Include the parishes of Edøy, Brattvær and Hopen. Also available online at the Digital Archives.
- Folketellingen 1835 and 1845 for Edøy. The 1835 and 1845 census for Edøy and Aure is available on microfilm at theFamily History Library. Include mainly statistical information. Census records for Kvernes, Tingvoll, Surnadal, Stangvik, Sunndal, Kristiansund, Edøy and Aure clerical districts. Includes mainly statistics, but the censuses for Kvernes 1825 and 1855 gives the name of the farm, persons name, age, occupation and some miscellaneous information.
- 1865: Folketellingen den 31te desember 1865. The 1865 census for Edøy clerical district is available on microfilm at the Family History Library. Include the parishes of Edøy, Hopen and Brattvær. Also available online at Digital Archives as well as at the Norwegian Historical Data Centre.
- 1875: Folketellingen for kongeriget Norge den 31te desember 1875. The 1875 census for Edøy clerical district is available on microfilm at the Family History Library. Include the parishes of Edøy, Hopen and Brattvær.
1668-1877: Probates are found in Nordmøre judicial district.
1697-1812: Clerical probates are found in Nordmøre Deanery
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More