Edgewood New Mexico Family History CenterEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Center Contacts and Hours
- Address: 18 County Road 7, Edgewood, New Mexico 87015
- Located south of Walgreens
- Location on Map
Phone: 505-281-5384 (call during Family History Center hours)
- Sunday: 5:30pm-7:30pm
- Tuesday: 10:00am-3:00pm and 7:00pm-8:30pm
- Wednesday: 10:00am-3:00pm and 7:00pm-8:30pm
- Call in case of inclement weather
- Closed Thanksgiving week, November 24-30, 2013
- Closed all Sundays in December
- Closed Sunday, December 15, 2013 - Wednesday, January 1, 2014
Calendar and Events
Sunday October 13, 2013 6:00pm Genealogy Boot Camp
Wednesday October 16, 2013 10:30am Tracing Your Swedish Ancestors
Sunday October 20, 2013 6:30pm What's New in Family Tree followed by How Do I Q&A
Tuesday October 22, 2013 10:30am What's New in Family Tree followed by How Do I Q&A
- This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- The Edgewood New Mexico Family History Center has a collection of microfilm and microfiche on indefinite loan from the Family History Library in Salt Lake City.
- FHC Portal. This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions.
Hardware and Equipment
- printer access
- 3 microfilm/microfiche readers.
- Free access to subscription based Internet web sites, Including FamilySearch.org, Ancestry.com, Fold3, HeritageQuest, AmericanAncestors.org (formerly New England Historic Genealogical Society), World Vital Records, Godfrey Memorial Library and many other sites.
- Genealogy software programs, forms, research outlines, word lists, etc., available at cost.
- Free Classes
What We Do:
- Provide Research Help. We do not perform the research for patrons, but we answer questions and suggest possible sources.
- Provide Training. See the class schedule above.
- Assist in cleaning up data files.
Resources in the Local Area
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)