Edmonton Alberta Riverbend Family History CentreEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|This Family History Centre article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Centre, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
Edmonton Alberta Riverbend Family History Center serves the western part of the city of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada and the adjacent area.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
14325 - 53rd Ave,
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
- Open Hours:
Tuesday and Thursday 10am-2pm & 6:30pm-9:30pm; Wednesday 10am-4pm
Closed: Christmas, weekends
Attention: Saturdays (By Appointment Only Between 10am-1pm) Please Call: 780-435-8141.
- Driving Directions
Take the 53 Ave Exit from Whitemud Drive, and come about one block east.
We are in the large brick church on the south side of 53 Ave.
(Edmonton Riverbend Stake Centre)
The northern entrance on the east side of the building will be unlocked when the FHC is open.
There is plenty of free parking.
- Map: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=14325+53rd+Avenue+North+West,+Edmonton,+Alberta,+Canada&aq=0&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=27.22791,50.185547&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=14325+53+Ave+NW,+Edmonton,+Division+No.+11,+Alberta,+Canada&ll=53.494684,-113.562927&spn=0.039827,0.098019&z=13
Calendar and Events
Class Schedule: Thursday 7:00 PM
Staff Training Meetings: Normally the 4th Sunday each month, in the Relief Society room
- Family History Library Catalog: Patrons can order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog online, at https://film.familysearch.org/ and have them sent to our FHC to view them.
- We also have films/fiche on long term loan that can be viewed if the person that ordered tem is not using them.
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal: This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. e.g. ancestry.com, heritagequest.com, findmypast.co.uk, footnote.com, worldvitalrecords.com, genlines.com
Hardware and Equipment
- We have 6 computers and wi-fi, 2 printers on the wi-fi network, 1 scanner, 6 microfilm readers, 1 microfiche reader, 1 reader/printer for film and fiche. Patrons may use their laptops on our wi-fi network, but only our own computers will have free access to the subscription-based websites.
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
The Provincial Archives of Alberta has most of the local histories for Alberta, which include biographies of families, as well as a computer database of people who lived and died in Alberta. They also have history books and an extensive microfilm library.
Address: 8555 Roper Road, Edmonton, AB T6E 5W1
Edmonton Public Library has extensive holdings as well. Stanley A. Milner Library has a genealogy room. There are 17 branches distributed throughout the city. They have access to Ancestry.com Library Edition and also Heritage Quest Online on their catalog computers.
Edmonton Alberta Bonnie Doon Family History Centre
9010 85th Street
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Hours: T,Th 9am-9pm; F 9am-1pm.
Closed: Closed Major Holidays
This is the other FHC in Edmonton.
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News