El Paso County, Texas Genealogy
From FamilySearch Wiki
(added to vital records)
|Line 61:||Line 61:|
==== Maps ====
==== Maps ====
==== Military ====
==== Military ====
Revision as of 04:53, 24 January 2011
|This Texas-related article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
While this page is under construction, may we suggest Cyndi's List.
El Paso is presently its largest city. Across the Rio Grande is Chihuahua's largest city, Ciudad Juarez. Today it is a major international port of entry, and from its earliest days has been a significant customs and immigrations checkpoint between the United States and Mexico.
1850--El Paso County was created 3 January 1850 from Bexar Land District. County seat: El Paso 
Anthony | Clint | El Paso | Fabens | Horizon City | Socorro | Vinton
LDS Ward and Branch Records
- El Paso
- El Paso Dist
- The City and county of El Paso, Texas : containing useful and reliable information concerning the future great metropolis of the Southwest ... 1886, El Paso Bureau of Information. Digital book online from archive.org.
- The Land Where We Live: El Paso del Norte, 1973, by Conrey Bryson.
- Pass of the North: Four Centuries on the Rio Grande, 2 vols., 1968, 1980, by Charles Leland Sonnichsen.
- El Paso: A Borderlands History, 1990, by W. H. Timmons.
- Souvenir of the city of El Paso, Texas. Photo-gravures. Digital book online at archive.org.
- San Elizario, 1973, by Eugene O. Porter.
- The El Paso Salt War, 1877, published in 1957 by Charles Leland Sonnichsen. Digital book on line at archive.org.
- Best Route for the Movements of Troops from San Antonio to El Paso, Texas 1865 from the A.R. Roessler Collection, Texas State Archives.
- Texas, West Portion, Asher and Adams Map from the David Rumsey Map Collection.
- El Paso County, 1881 from the Culberson County TXGenWeb site
- El Paso County, 1900 from the Culberson County TXGenWeb site
- El Paso Quadrangle 1908 Shows contour lines, elevations, rivers, creeks, towns, cities, roads, buildings, schools, and railroads. Covers part of El Paso County.
- El Paso County General Highway Map 1940
- El Paso General Highway Map 1940 shows detail of the City of El Paso and vicinity.
- El Paso County General Highway Map 1961
- 1860 Census - El Paso County: Census images online at archive.org, 1860 Census transcription from the El Paso County TXGenWeb site.
- 1870 Census - El Paso County: Census images online at archive.org. Census images online at the TXGenWeb site.
- 1880 Census - El Paso County: Census images online at the TXGenWeb site.
- El Paso County Death Records Search from EPCounty.com, the official county government website.
- El Paso County Birth Records Search from EPCounty.com, the official county government website.
- El Paso County Marriage Records Search from EPCounty.com, the official county government website
- Texas Death Index 1964 to 1998 [no images] Name index to Texas Statewide Death Certificates or four million people who have died since 1964.
- Texas Death Records 1890 – 1976 [with images]
Name index and images of statewide death certificates, 1890-1976. The name index has been created by FamilySearch and is tied to images of the Texas death certificates. Few certificates are available prior to 1903.
Societies and Libraries
- TXGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the county
- USGenWeb project. May have maps, name indexes, history or other information for this county. Select the state, then the county.
- Family History Library Catalog
- ↑ The Handybook for Genealogists: United States of America,10th ed. (Draper, UT:Everton Publishers, 2002).