Esclusham, WrexhamEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
The parish of Esclusham was formed in 1879 from the townships of Wrexham townships of Erddig, Esclusham Below, and part of Esclusham Above.
The parish church of Holy Trinity was built in 1876 on the Wrexham road in Rhostyllen and was consecrated in 1877.
Bersham (or Glanyrafon) Colliery, the last working coal mine in the former Denbighshire coalfield, was situated in Rhostyllen, to the east of the Wrexham road.
|pre 1536||Powys Fadog|
|1536 - 31 March 1974||Denbighshire|
|1 April 1974 - 31 March 1996||Clwyd|
|from 1 April 1996||Wrexham|
The parish of Wrexham, and later the parish of Esclusham, formed part of the Wrexham Registrar's District.
|1851|| HO107/2503 folios 700-715 (Esclusham Above)|
HO107/2503 folios 379-394 (Esclusham Below)
|1861|| RG9/4285 folios 65-78 (Esclusham Above)|
RG9/4285 folios 41-43 & 46-69 (Esclusham Below)
RG9/4288 folios 32-33 & 91 (Esclusham Below)
|1871|| RG10/5647 folios 1-14 (Esclusham Above)|
RG10/5656 folios 113-133 (Esclusham Below)
|1881|| RG11/5518 folios 82-94 (Esclusham Above)|
RG11/5518 folios 52-81 (Esclusham Below)
|1891|| RG12/4617 folios 83-94 (Esclusham Above)|
RG12/4617 folios 55-82 (Esclusham Below)
RG12/4619 folio 77 (Esclusham Below)
Nonconformist Church Records
Births, marriages and deaths in Esclusham are recorded in the GRO indexes as:
|1 Jul 1837 - 1974||Wrexham||Wrexham|| XXVII (1837-51)|
Poor Law Union
The Wrexham Union was created on 30 March 1837 and the parish of Wrexham, and later the parish of Esclusham, formed part of this. A workhouse was built at Croesnewydd in Wrexham. The records of the Wrexham Union are now held at Denbighshire Record Office in Ruthin.
- Holy Trinity Church
- Ordnance Survey map of Esclusham
- Esclusham Parish Church at Clwyd FHS
- Rhostyllen War Memorial at Clwyd FHS
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News