Fairfax Parish, VirginiaEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Fairfax Parish has served Fairfax County, Virginia. The Falls Church fell within the bounds of Fairfax Parish and earlier, Truro Parish. Christ Church in Alexandria also fell under the jurisdiction of Fairfax Parish.
Colonial parish registers have been lost.
- The Falls Church (official website). Includes a history in "About" section.
- The Falls Church Marker, The Historical Marker Database
- The Falls Church Marker, [another description], The Historical Marker Database
- ↑ "The Falls Church," in National Register of Historic Places Inventory, p. 8, accessed 17 February 2011.
- ↑ Freddie Spradlin, "Parishes of Virginia," VAGenWeb, accessed 29 January 2011; Hening's Statutes at Large; Emily J. Salmon and Edward D.C. Campbell Jr., The Hornbook of Virginia History (Richmond: Library of Virginia, 1994).
- ↑ Colonial Churches: A Series of Sketches of Churches in the Original Colony of Virginia (Richmond, Va.: Southern Churchman Co., 1907), 129-133.
- ↑ Colonial Churches: A Series of Sketches of Churches in the Original Colony of Virginia (Richmond, Va.: Southern Churchman Co., 1907), 134-138.