FamilySearch Center - Joseph Smith Memorial Building
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Line 10:||Line 10:|
'''Location & Map:'''
'''Location & Map:'''
Revision as of 19:53, 9 May 2013
|This Family History Center article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.
Review the instructions and guidelines for FHC pages.
|This article describes the services and resources available at a Family History Center, a branch facility of the Family History Library.|
The Family Search Center opened in 1993 and is housed in the restored Joseph Smith Memorial Building, once the grand Hotel Utah. It not only captures the elegant craftsmanship and beauty of times past, it now carries messages of how important the past is to the future.
The Family Search Center is a place for tourists and locals to discover, preserve and share their past. Free assistance is available to seek out Ellis Island records, pioneer ancestry, and millions of records from many nations throughout the world at familysearch.org
Be our guests in a fun and learning atmosphere where knowledgeable Family Search staff will welcome and assist you in uncovering your past ancestry and build your family tree.
Center Contacts and Hours
Location & Map:
1) Address: 15 East South Temple Street, Main Floor
Salt Lake City, Utah 84150-0401
2) The FamilySearch Center is located adjacent to Temple Square on the north end of the main floor of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building.
3) Google Map
Open Hours: Mon – Fri 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Saturday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Independence Day (7/4/2013) Closed
TSQ Hospitality Special Closure (7/8/2013) 9 am – 3 pm
Pioneer Day (7/24/2013) Closed
Labor Day (9/2/2013) Closed
Conference – Oct (10/5/2013) 9 am – 5 pm
Halloween (10/31/2013) 9 am – 3 pm
Thanksgiving (11/26) 9 am – 5 pm
(11/27) 9 am – 5 pm
(11/30) 1 pm – 9 pm
Pre-Holiday Hours (12/16/2013) 1 pm – 9 pm
(12/17/2013) 1 pm – 9 pm
(12/18/2013) 1 pm – 9 pm
(12/19/2013) 1 pm – 9 pm
(12/20/2013) 1 pm – 9 pm
(12/21/2013) 1 pm – 9 pm
(12/23/2013) 1 pm – 9 pm
Christmas Eve (12/24/2013) Closed
Christmas Day (12/25/2013) Closed
Post-Holiday Hours (12/26/2013) 1 pm – 9 pm
(12/27/2013) 1 pm – 9 pm
(12/28/2013) 1 pm – 9 pm
(12/30/2013) 1 pm – 9 pm
New Year’s Eve (12/31/2013) 1 pm – 11 pm
New Year’s Day (1/1/2014) Closed
Calendar and Events
Staff Training Meetings
- Family History Library Catalog: This center has the ability to order any of the films and fiche available through the Family History Library Catalog.
- (List additional collections you have such as the types of books and microfilm you have on indefinite loan; though you will not want to list every single item you have. Just give visitors to this page a general idea of your resources.)
Databases and Software
- FHC Portal This center has access to the Family History Center Portal page which gives free access in the center to premium family history software and websites that generally charge for subscriptions. (Note to FHC: Not all FHCs have access to this portal. If you do not, you will want to remove this entire bullet. If you do have access to it, just remove this text in italics.)
Hardware and Equipment
- (Include the resources you have to help individuals do their research - computers, microfilm readers, printers, etc. )
Staff Research Specialties
Resources in the Local Area
(This section is to highlight other resources in your area that will be helpful for individuals doing research there in your location, if there are any, such as government offices, historical societies, etc.)
(Include links to other websites of interest to those who visit your center such as links to the city, county and state wiki pages where your center is located.)
Volunteer at the Center
(Include information here about the volunteers you are looking for.)
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback