FamilySearch Family Tree Tips for the Tree View PageEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 19:01, 4 June 2014 by KathrynGZ
- You can move the tree by clicking and dragging the page (similar to Google Maps). You can also use the up, down, left and right arrows on your keyboard.
- To view a couple’s children, hover over their box and then click the Children tab that appears beneath it.
- When you click a person’s name in Tree view, you see their summary card. The summary card shows basic details about the person.
- Hover over the ordinance icons to see more detail about the ordinances.
- To see more information on the Person page, click Person or click the individual’s name. You can also add or change information on this page.
- To display research suggestions, data issues, and possible missing ordinances, select Descendancy View from the top left-hand menu. Caution: Many people who appear to be missing ordinances in Family Tree are really duplicates of other records with the ordinances done. Always verify basic information for a person and search carefully for duplicates before reserving ordinances.
- In Fan Chart view, you can change the root person by clicking any other individual on the fan chart.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More