FamilySearch Indexing: South Africa—Methodist Parish Registers, OverviewEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 22:05, 4 February 2012 by PearsonGB
Skill Level: Intermediate
- This project is recommended for volunteers who are comfortable with the indexing process, system features, and a variety of old handwriting styles.
- Although many of the images in this project are at the intermediate level, there are also many at the beginning level.
Characteristics and Description
- All records are in English though some forms are in Afrikaans as well as English.
- Each batch contains one image.
- Images may contain up to 60 records, but many will have much fewer.
- Each image has either one or two pages.
- The records were usually handwritten, although some were typed. They may be printed forms or handwritten forms.
- No highlights are available for this project.
- Project Instructions (for this project)
- Basic indexing guidelines (for all projects)
- Field helps (a printable list of all field helps)
- Project updates (current information and questions and answers about this project, updated as needed)
- FamilySearch indexing home page
- Resource Guide
- Indexing projects progress
- No restrictions are associated with this collection. The completed index and links to digital images will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published.
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More