FamilySearch Indexing: US, Michigan—Manifests of Individuals at the Port of Detroit 1906–1954, OverviewEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 01:55, 5 February 2012 by PearsonGB
Skill Level: Beginning
- This project is recommended for new volunteers who are still becoming familiar with the indexing process and system.
Description of This Project
- All records are manifests typed or handwritten on 3-by-5-inch-cards.
- Various formats were used for the cards
- Each batch includes up to 15 images.
- Each image includes just one manifest card, though sometimes an image will show both the front and back of the card, and occasionally an image will show the front of two or three cards.
- Information will be indexed from the front of the card only.
- Project instructions (for this project)
- Basic indexing instructions (for all projects)
- Field helps (a printable list of all field helps)
- Project updates (current information and questions and answers about this project, updated as needed) (current information and questions and answers about this project, updated as needed)
- FamilySearch indexing home page
- Resource Guide
- Indexing projects progess