FamilySearch Indexing: US, New York—1875 State Census, OverviewEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 03:11, 14 January 2012 by PearsonGB
Characteristics and Description
- Each batch contains one image.
- Each image usually includes two pages, with up to 45 records per page. Together, the two pages contain approximately 90 records.
- This census was handwritten on preprinted forms.
- The 1875 New York State Census included several schedules, including records of marriages, deaths, and agriculture and other industry. Only schedule 1, the population schedule, will be indexed in this project. If an image includes only schedules 2–6, it should be marked as a No Extractable Data Image. If an image includes a page of the population schedule and a page of one of the other schedules, index the population schedule only.
- The completed index will be freely accessible online to the general public when the collection is published. The digital images will be accessible to active FamilySearch account holders once an authentication system is put in place on Record Search. Until authentication is available, the images will not be accessible.
- Project instructions (for this project)
- Basic indexing guidelines (for all projects)
- Field helps (a printable list of all field helps)
- Projects updates (current information and questions and answers about this project, updated as needed)
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback