FamilySearch Wiki:AdministratorsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Policies of FamilySearch Wiki
- The Guiding Principles for this site.
- Overall FamilySearch Wiki Policies
- Copyright, Copyleft, and Intellectual Property
- Image Approval Guidelines
Reasons to Contact an Administrator
- Report a page that needs immediate deletion
- Submit a page that might need protecting or unprotecting
How to Contact Administrators
- Add a post to the Moderator Forum
- Add a Flag related to the problem with content in the Wiki
- Participate in the FamilySearch Wiki user group
- To e-mail us about a technical problem or bug on this site, click here.
- Or, see instructions for sending Feedback about the Wiki
Sysops are system Administrators
The Administrators help manage the development and content in the Wiki. Some tasks the Administrators (Sysops) keep busy with include:
- Determining the namespaces used in the Wiki and the purpose for each namespace.
- Write the Did You Know? article for the Main Page
- Moderate the Forums
- Monitor deletion requests See Deletion Requests for instructions on monitoring.
- Follow-up on deleting pages and images as needed.
- View deleted revisions of pages
- Undelete pages or images
- Policy:Banning and blocking, individual and ranges of IP addresses
- Protect and unprotect pages
- Edit the interface
- Dispute resolution. The "Neutrality Disputes" flag addresses the dispute resolution needs.
Maintenance Flag Monitoring
Examples of all current: Maintenance Templates. Monitor each flag by clicking on the links below:
- Category:Deletion Requests - immediate action is needed
- Category:Outdated articles - flag remains until fixed
- Category:Neutrality disputes - two week requirement
- Category:Not English - move pages to language wiki if available
- Category:Copyright problems - one week requirement
- Category:Ambiguous page title - flag remains until fixed
- Category:Merge articles - flag remains until fixed
- Category:Articles needing citations - discussion needed before implementation
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback