FamilySearch Wiki:AdministratorsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
See also Moderators
Policies of FamilySearch Wiki
- The Guiding Principles for this site.
- Overall FamilySearch Wiki Policies
- Image use
Reasons to Contact an Administrator
- Report a page that needs immediate deletion
- Submit a page that might need protecting or unprotecting
How to Contact Administrators
- Add a Flag related to the problem with content in the Wiki
- Participate in the FamilySearch Wiki live user group meetings
- For general feedback or technical issues please see the instruction on the: Contact us page.
Sysops are system Administrators
The Administrators help manage the development and content in the Wiki. Some tasks the Administrators keep busy with include:
- Determining the namespaces used in the Wiki and the purpose for each namespace.
- Monitor deletion requests See Deletion Requests for instructions on monitoring.
- Follow-up on deleting pages and images as needed.
- View deleted revisions of pages
- Undelete pages or images
- FamilySearch Wiki:Blocking and Banning, individual and ranges of IP addresses
- Protect and unprotect pages
- Edit the interface
- Dispute resolution. The "Neutrality Disputes" flag addresses the dispute resolution needs.
Maintenance Flag Monitoring
Examples of all current: Maintenance Templates. Monitor each flag by clicking on the links below:
- Category:Deletion Requests - immediate action is needed
- Category:Outdated articles - flag remains until fixed
- Category:Neutrality disputes - two week requirement
- Category:Non-English articles - move pages to language wiki if available
- Category:Copyright problems - one week requirement
- Category:Ambiguous page title - flag remains until fixed
- Category:Merge articles - flag remains until fixed
- Category:Articles needing citations - discussion needed before implementation
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News