FamilySearch Wiki:Community Council/MinutesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Minutes of the Council meetings will be posted here.
November 28, 2012
Next meeting: Non-functioning moderators. Jane has a list with notes, such as no responses for a minimum of 3 times, (and not active in the past 120 days). Moderator is first line of contact especially when disputes, etc. After moderators, we'll discuss the same point with adopters.
- We need someone to coordinate, teamwork
- Barnraising committee, everyone selected swoops in on an area - adopters
- Uniformity of presentation
What do we think we can achieve beyond what FamilySearch
- Use the Wiki contributors newsletter to show the rules, etc. We as a group can feed into that and get people into action.
- Also use the blog.
- Coordinating projects:
- Avoiding duplication
- This group facilitates community relationships. We notice areas of duplication, get them work together. Coordination.
- Issues: resolving them, such as how the wiki promotes professional genealogists.
- Recommending pros is a minefield.
- We need to present it in a way that is helpful to the users and that professional organizations could support as well.
- People need a voice. We listen to issues, seek to get the right people involved and communicating to resolve them.
- Next contributors newsletter: tell the community who we are, invite their suggestions.
- FHLC issues discussed. Monmouthshire not part of England -- wiki can explain and have redirects
- Please use our group email to follow up on thoughts from this meeting.
November 14, 2012
An initial meeting was held where each member had the opportunity to introduce themselves to the other council members. Janell Vasquez, from FamilySearch, talked through the Council Charter covering the purpose and working with the council members to refine some of the membership/terms of the Council. Jane was selected to be the Council Chair.
The date of the next meeting was set as Wednesday November 28 with a view to meet every second Wednesday thereafter.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News