FamilySearch Wiki:Community Dialogue SummaryEdit This Page

From FamilySearch Wiki

(Difference between revisions)
m (added category)
 
(39 intermediate revisions by 2 users not shown)
Line 8: Line 8:
 
*Call attention to ideas and concerns not yet decided, allowing the Community to prioritize action
 
*Call attention to ideas and concerns not yet decided, allowing the Community to prioritize action
  
For '''summaries by month''', see [[FamilySearch Wiki:Community Dialogue Chronological|Monthly Summaries]] <br>
+
For '''summaries by month''', see [[FamilySearch Wiki:Community Dialogue Chronological|Monthly Summaries]] <br>  
  
 
Or click on a topic of interest below.  
 
Or click on a topic of interest below.  
  
= Adopters/Moderators<br> =
+
= Adopters/Moderators<br> =
  
==== Poll - Should Adoption Sign be Placed on Top or Bottom of Page ====
+
[[FamilySearch Wiki:Community Dialogue Summary/Adoption And Moderation|Adoption And Moderation]]
 +
 
 +
= Content  =
 +
 
 +
==== Proposed Modification to County Page Topics  ====
  
 
{{Discussion
 
{{Discussion
| Discussion = Should adoption signs be left on top of page or moved to bottom (below content).
+
| Discussion = Changes to categories/topics on county pages
| Links = https://www.familysearch.org/learn/forums/en/showthread.php?t=6812
+
| Links = https://www.familysearch.org/learn/forums/en/showthread.php?t=7793
| Owner = MRitchey
+
| Owner = lembley
| Date = March 27, 2011
+
| Date = June 8, 2011
| Status = Poll Closed
+
| Status = in discussion
| Resolution = 12/5 in favor of top of page
+
| Resolution =  
 
| Documentation =  
 
| Documentation =  
 
| Notification =
 
| Notification =
 +
|
 
}}  
 
}}  
  
<br>
+
<br>  
  
==== Poll - Should New Adopters/Moderators Be Subscribed to Contributor's Corner ====
+
==== Links from Wiki to Research Communities ====
  
 
{{Discussion
 
{{Discussion
| Discussion = We still have many adopters/moderators who are not involved, maybe because they don't know where to start. Should new A/M be subscribed to Contributor's Corner by default to help with this.
+
| Discussion = How should we link to the Facebook/skype communities from the Wiki
| Links = https://www.familysearch.org/learn/forums/en/showthread.php?t=6815
+
| Links = https://www.familysearch.org/learn/forums/en/showthread.php?t=7702
| Owner = MRitchey
+
| Owner = VasquezJL
| Date = March 27, 2011
+
| Date = June 1, 2011
| Status = Poll closed
+
| Status = in discussion
| Resolution = 4/0 vote in favor of subscription by default.
+
| Resolution =  
 
| Documentation =  
 
| Documentation =  
 
| Notification =
 
| Notification =
 +
|
 
}}  
 
}}  
  
<br>
+
====  ====
  
<br>
+
==== Historical Record Page Connections ====
 
+
==== Prerequisites for Moderators ====
+
 
+
{{Discussion
+
| Discussion = Should we require substantial prerequisites for moderators
+
| Date = February 28, 2011
+
| Owner = MRitchey
+
| Links = [http://forums.familysearch.org/en/showthread.php?t=6323 http://forums.familysearch.org/en/showthread.php?t=6323]
+
| Status = In discussion
+
| Next steps =
+
}}&nbsp;
+
  
<br>
+
{{Discussion
 
+
| Discussion = Connections Between Historical Records Pages and Rest of Wiki are not being made routinely
==== Placing Adoption Signs ~ Poll  ====
+
| Links = https://www.familysearch.org/learn/forums/en/showthread.php?t=7436
 
+
| Owner = James Tanner
{{Discussion  
+
| Date = May 9, 2011
| Discussion = Require Adopters to edit a page before Adoption Sign is posted
+
| Status = In discussion. F/U request made 6/19
| Date = February 26, 2011
+
| Resolution =  
| Priority =
+
| Documentation =  
| Owner = MRitchey
+
| Notification =
| Links = [http://forums.familysearch.org/en/showthread.php?t=6273 http://forums.familysearch.org/en/showthread.php?t=6273]
+
|
| Status = Poll closes March 5
+
| Next steps = pending poll results
+
}}&nbsp;
+
 
+
==== 3 Strikes ~&nbsp;Poll  ====
+
 
+
{{Discussion
+
| Discussion = Take action on an adopter/moderator if a user attempts to contact them 3 times with no response
+
| Date = February 26, 2011
+
| Owner = MRitchey
+
| Links = [http://forums.familysearch.org/en/showthread.php?t=6277 http://forums.familysearch.org/en/showthread.php?t=6277]
+
| Status = Poll closed March 5 Results: Remove them after -- 40% voted 4 weeks. 26% each to 2 weeks and 6 weeks. Additional comments were made after polls closed.
+
| Next steps =
+
 
}}  
 
}}  
  
==== Adopter/Moderator Inactivity ~ Poll  ====
+
<br>
  
{{Discussion
+
==== Long Pages  ====
| Discussion = Maximum period of inactivity for adopters/moderators
+
| Date = February 26, 2011
+
| Priority =  
+
| Owner = MRitchey
+
| Links = [http://forums.familysearch.org/en/showthread.php?t=6272 http://forums.familysearch.org/en/showthread.php?t=6272]
+
| Status = Poll closes March 5
+
| Next steps = pending poll results
+
}}&nbsp;
+
  
==== Link From Adoption Sign to User Page ~ Poll  ====
+
{{Discussion
 
+
| Discussion = Content page length, should subpages be created when the original page becomes too long.
<br>{{Discussion  
+
| Links = https://www.familysearch.org/learn/forums/en/showthread.php?t=7068
| Discussion = Prior Poll ~ Link from Adoption Signs to adopter's user page
+
| Owner = James Tanner
| Date = January 31, 2011
+
| Date = April 12, 2011
| Priority =
+
| Status = In discussion
| Owner = MRitchey
+
| Resolution =
| Links = [http://forums.familysearch.org/en/showthread.php?t=5762 http://forums.familysearch.org/en/showthread.php?t=5762]
+
| Documentation =
| Status = Poll closed
+
| Notification =
| Next steps = discussion ongoing
+
 
}}  
 
}}  
 
==== Multiple Adopters on a Page  ====
 
 
{{Discussion
 
| Discussion = Should we allow multiple adopters on a page
 
| Date = November 10, 2010
 
| Owner = MRitchey
 
| Links = http://forums.familysearch.org/en/showthread.php?t=4696
 
| Resolution = Discussion tabled per MRitchey
 
}}
 
 
<br>
 
 
==== Review Panel to Remove Moderators/Adopters  ====
 
 
{{Discussion
 
| Discussion = Create a panel comprised of 1 FS representative, 1 moderator and 1 adopter to review non-performance
 
| Date = March 3, 2011
 
| Owner = Evancol
 
| Links = http://forums.familysearch.org/en/showthread.php?t=4696
 
| Status = Discussion ongoing
 
}}
 
 
<br>
 
 
----
 
 
= Content  =
 
  
 
==== More Information on Uploaded Photos  ====
 
==== More Information on Uploaded Photos  ====
Line 145: Line 90:
 
}}&nbsp;  
 
}}&nbsp;  
  
<br>
+
<br>  
  
 
==== Purpose and Appropriate Topics  ====
 
==== Purpose and Appropriate Topics  ====
Line 156: Line 101:
 
| Resolution = S. Cottrells created a new template, "content," that can be used to flag a page and subsequently begin discussion of appropriateness.
 
| Resolution = S. Cottrells created a new template, "content," that can be used to flag a page and subsequently begin discussion of appropriateness.
 
| Next steps =  
 
| Next steps =  
}}&nbsp;
+
}}&nbsp;  
  
 
==== Updated Moderator Pages Needed  ====
 
==== Updated Moderator Pages Needed  ====
Line 183: Line 128:
 
= Contributors  =
 
= Contributors  =
  
==== How Best to Add Help for Contributors ====
+
==== How Best to Add Help for Contributors CLOSED  ====
  
 
{{Discussion
 
{{Discussion
Line 190: Line 135:
 
| Owner = JVasquez
 
| Owner = JVasquez
 
| Date = April 8, 2011
 
| Date = April 8, 2011
| Status =
+
| Status = In discussion
| Resolution =  
+
| Resolution = Help Forum for contributors added to forums
 
| Documentation =  
 
| Documentation =  
 
| Notification =
 
| Notification =
 
}}  
 
}}  
 
  
 
==== Contributor Recognition  ====
 
==== Contributor Recognition  ====
Line 205: Line 149:
 
| Links = [http://forums.familysearch.org/en/showthread.php?t=6377 http://forums.familysearch.org/en/showthread.php?t=6377]
 
| Links = [http://forums.familysearch.org/en/showthread.php?t=6377 http://forums.familysearch.org/en/showthread.php?t=6377]
 
| Status = Discussion ongoing
 
| Status = Discussion ongoing
}}
+
}}  
  
 
= End Users  =
 
= End Users  =
Line 223: Line 167:
  
 
}}  
 
}}  
 
&lt;br&gt;
 
  
 
= Policies/Guidelines/Procedures  =
 
= Policies/Guidelines/Procedures  =
 +
 +
==== Call to Action - Policies  ====
 +
 +
{{Discussion
 +
| Discussion = Family Search Policy pages should be made parallel with pages on the Wiki (example, Editing page)
 +
| Links = https://www.familysearch.org/learn/forums/en/showthread.php?t=7203
 +
| Owner = randyhoffman
 +
| Date = April 20, 2011
 +
| Status = In discussion
 +
| Resolution =
 +
| Documentation =
 +
| Notification =
 +
}}
 +
 +
<br>
 +
 +
<br>
 +
 +
==== CLOSED Proposed Edit to "Free"&nbsp; area in Guiding Principles  ====
 +
 +
{{Discussion|
 +
| Discussion = First sentence could be misleading if not read carefully, proposed change to wording.
 +
| Links = https://www.familysearch.org/learn/forums/en/showthread.php?t=6849
 +
| Owner = WHAdkins
 +
| Date = March 30, 2011
 +
| Status = In discussion
 +
| Resolution = documentation to be changed.
 +
| Documentation = all necessary documentation changed as of 4/27 per SCottrells
 +
| Notification = None required
 +
}}
 +
 +
==== CLOSED Working Reference Citation Proposal  ====
 +
 +
{{Discussion
 +
| Discussion = Proposed amendment to reference citation documentation.
 +
| Links = https://www.familysearch.org/learn/forums/en/showthread.php?t=6847
 +
| Owner = Randy Hoffman
 +
| Date = March 30, 2011
 +
| Status =
 +
| Resolution = April 4, poll created. Poll closed, 9/3 in favor of proposed guideline.
 +
| Documentation = Requested documentation update 4/27 ~ Documentation changed per Randy Hoffman 5/5/2011
 +
| Notification =
 +
}}
 +
 +
<br>
  
 
==== User Pages  ====
 
==== User Pages  ====
Line 239: Line 226:
 
}}  
 
}}  
  
<br>
+
<br>  
  
 
==== Create Affiliate Logo  ====
 
==== Create Affiliate Logo  ====
Line 251: Line 238:
 
| Status = discussion ongoing
 
| Status = discussion ongoing
 
| Next steps = February 22 ~ J. Anderson gave Nathan several points of contact to follow up with who had been involved with prior logos.  
 
| Next steps = February 22 ~ J. Anderson gave Nathan several points of contact to follow up with who had been involved with prior logos.  
 +
}}&nbsp;
 +
 +
== Support  ==
 +
 +
==== Wiki Goals or Targets  ====
 +
 +
{{Discussion
 +
| Discussion = How about setting goals or targets?
 +
| Links = https://www.familysearch.org/learn/forums/en/showthread.php?t=7498
 +
| Owner = jamestanner
 +
| Date =  May 15, 2011
 +
| Status =  in discussion
 +
| Resolution =
 +
| Documentation =
 +
| Notification =
 +
|
 
}}
 
}}
 +
 +
[[Category:FamilySearch Wiki]]

Latest revision as of 14:58, 26 March 2013

The intent of this page is to give Wiki contributors and the genealogical community a doorway to ongoing Community discussions.

Conversations between Wiki contributors in meetings and forum threads are summarized here in order to:

  • Help the FamilySearch Wiki Community stay informed quickly and easily
  • Document decisions: When they were made, how they were implemented and by whom
  • Track the update of guidelines. This includes Help content, Manual of Style, Projects, Etiquette, and more
  • Call attention to ideas and concerns not yet decided, allowing the Community to prioritize action

For summaries by month, see Monthly Summaries

Or click on a topic of interest below.

Contents

Adopters/Moderators

Adoption And Moderation

Content

Proposed Modification to County Page Topics

Discussion:

Changes to categories/topics on county pages

Links:

https://www.familysearch.org/learn/forums/en/showthread.php?t=7793

Owner:

lembley

Date:

June 8, 2011

Status:

in discussion

Resolution:
Documentation:
Notification:


Links from Wiki to Research Communities

Discussion:

How should we link to the Facebook/skype communities from the Wiki

Links:

https://www.familysearch.org/learn/forums/en/showthread.php?t=7702

Owner:

VasquezJL

Date:

June 1, 2011

Status:

in discussion

Resolution:
Documentation:
Notification:

Historical Record Page Connections

Discussion:

Connections Between Historical Records Pages and Rest of Wiki are not being made routinely

Links:

https://www.familysearch.org/learn/forums/en/showthread.php?t=7436

Owner:

James Tanner

Date:

May 9, 2011

Status:

In discussion. F/U request made 6/19

Resolution:
Documentation:
Notification:


Long Pages

Discussion:

Content page length, should subpages be created when the original page becomes too long.

Links:

https://www.familysearch.org/learn/forums/en/showthread.php?t=7068

Owner:

James Tanner

Date:

April 12, 2011

Status:

In discussion

Resolution:
Documentation:
Notification:

More Information on Uploaded Photos

Discussion:

Sometimes insufficient information with photo to categorize. Can a field be added to ask where the photo is to be used or where site is located.

Links:

http://forums.familysearch.org/en/showthread.php?t=6427

Owner:

Fran Jenson

Date:

March 7, 2011

Status:

Open for discussion

Resolution:
Documentation:
Notification:
 


Purpose and Appropriate Topics

Discussion:

Do we need to review this page and evaluate against current Wiki content.

Links:

http://forums.familysearch.org/en/showthread.php?t=6403

Owner:

James Tanner

Date:

March 6, 2011

Status: No status specified.
Resolution:

S. Cottrells created a new template, "content," that can be used to flag a page and subsequently begin discussion of appropriateness.

Documentation:
Notification:
 

Updated Moderator Pages Needed

Discussion:

A page that shows both the states and countries that have moderators and those that still need a moderator

Links:

http://forums.familysearch.org/en/showthread.php?t=6304

Owner:

Fran Jensen

Date:

March 3, 2011

Status:

discussion of best way to organize these lists. Fran Jenson to create pages and Jane Colmenares to start work on U.S.

Resolution:
Documentation:
Notification:
 

Remove Sandboxes from Search Results

Discussion:

Sandboxes currently appear in default search results. Should this be removed to avoid them appearing in genealogical results.

Links:

http://forums.familysearch.org/en/showthread.php?t=6026

Owner:

MRitchey

Date:

February 15, 2011

Status:

in discussion

Resolution:
Documentation:
Notification:
 

Contributors

How Best to Add Help for Contributors CLOSED

Discussion:

How best to add a place in the forums for basic contributor help.

Links:

https://www.familysearch.org/learn/forums/en/showthread.php?t=6981

Owner:

JVasquez

Date:

April 8, 2011

Status:

In discussion

Resolution:

Help Forum for contributors added to forums

Documentation:
Notification:

Contributor Recognition


Discussion:

How can we recognize accomplishments on the Wiki and the Forums

Links:

http://forums.familysearch.org/en/showthread.php?t=6377

Owner:

Holed

Date:

March 4, 2011

Status:

Discussion ongoing

Resolution:
Documentation:
Notification:

End Users

Recognition/Badges Users Can Earn

Discussion:

Creating a series of badges users can earn based on milestones.

Links:

http://forums.familysearch.org/en/showthread.php?t=6904

Owner:

MRitchey

Date:

April 3, 2011

Status:

discussion ongoing

Resolution:
Documentation:
Notification:

Policies/Guidelines/Procedures

Call to Action - Policies

Discussion:

Family Search Policy pages should be made parallel with pages on the Wiki (example, Editing page)

Links:

https://www.familysearch.org/learn/forums/en/showthread.php?t=7203

Owner:

randyhoffman

Date:

April 20, 2011

Status:

In discussion

Resolution:
Documentation:
Notification:



CLOSED Proposed Edit to "Free"  area in Guiding Principles

Discussion:

First sentence could be misleading if not read carefully, proposed change to wording.

Links:

https://www.familysearch.org/learn/forums/en/showthread.php?t=6849

Owner:

WHAdkins

Date:

March 30, 2011

Status:

In discussion

Resolution:

documentation to be changed.

Documentation:

all necessary documentation changed as of 4/27 per SCottrells

Notification:

None required

CLOSED Working Reference Citation Proposal

Discussion:

Proposed amendment to reference citation documentation.

Links:

https://www.familysearch.org/learn/forums/en/showthread.php?t=6847

Owner:

Randy Hoffman

Date:

March 30, 2011

Status: No status specified.
Resolution:

April 4, poll created. Poll closed, 9/3 in favor of proposed guideline.

Documentation:

Requested documentation update 4/27 ~ Documentation changed per Randy Hoffman 5/5/2011

Notification:


User Pages

Discussion:

Do we need to formulate a policy that outlines importance of the User Page and information it should contain

Links:

http://forums.familysearch.org/en/showthread.php?t=6384

Owner:

LEmbley

Date:

March 4, 2011

Status:

discussion ongoing - Discuss in Contributor's Meeting

Resolution:
Documentation:
Notification:


Discussion:

FS Affiliates logo ~ do we currently have one ?

Links:

http://forums.familysearch.org/en/showthread.php?t=5363

Owner:

NMurphy

Date:

December 30, 2010

Status:

discussion ongoing

Resolution:
Documentation:
Notification:
 

Support

Wiki Goals or Targets

Discussion:

How about setting goals or targets?

Links:

https://www.familysearch.org/learn/forums/en/showthread.php?t=7498

Owner:

jamestanner

Date:

May 15, 2011

Status:

in discussion

Resolution:
Documentation:
Notification:
  • This page was last modified on 26 March 2013, at 14:58.
  • This page has been accessed 1,582 times.