FamilySearch Wiki:Community Dialogue Summary

From FamilySearch Wiki

(Difference between revisions)
m
(rewording the intro stuff)
Line 1: Line 1:
The intent of this page is to give Wiki contributors and members of the genealogical community one easy place to see and link to Community discussions and decisions from meetings and forum threads.  
+
The intent of this page is to give Wiki contributors and the genealogical community a doorway to ongoing Community discussions.  
  
For '''summaries by month''', see [[FamilySearch Wiki:Community Dialogue Chronological|Community Dialogue Chronological]]  
+
Conversations between Wiki contributors in meetings and forum threads are summarized here in order to:
 +
 
 +
*Help the FamilySearch Wiki Community stay informed quickly and easily
 +
*Document decisions: When they were made, how they were implemented and by whom
 +
*Track the updating of guidelines. This includes Help content, Manual of Style, Projects, Etiquette, and more
 +
*Call attention to ideas and concerns not yet decided, allowing the Community to prioritize action
 +
 
 +
For '''summaries by month''', see [[FamilySearch Wiki:Community Dialogue Chronological|Monthly Summaries]] <br>
 +
 
 +
Or click on a topic of interest below.
  
 
= Adopters/Moderators<br> =
 
= Adopters/Moderators<br> =

Revision as of 18:00, 16 March 2011

The intent of this page is to give Wiki contributors and the genealogical community a doorway to ongoing Community discussions.

Conversations between Wiki contributors in meetings and forum threads are summarized here in order to:

  • Help the FamilySearch Wiki Community stay informed quickly and easily
  • Document decisions: When they were made, how they were implemented and by whom
  • Track the updating of guidelines. This includes Help content, Manual of Style, Projects, Etiquette, and more
  • Call attention to ideas and concerns not yet decided, allowing the Community to prioritize action

For summaries by month, see Monthly Summaries

Or click on a topic of interest below.

Contents

Adopters/Moderators

Prerequisites for Moderators

Discussion:

Should we require substantial prerequisites for moderators

Links:

http://forums.familysearch.org/en/showthread.php?t=6323

Owner:

MRitchey

Date:

February 28, 2011

Status:

In discussion

Resolution:
Documentation:
Notification:
 


Placing Adoption Signs ~ Poll

Discussion:

Require Adopters to edit a page before Adoption Sign is posted

Links:

http://forums.familysearch.org/en/showthread.php?t=6273

Owner:

MRitchey

Date:

February 26, 2011

Status:

Poll closes March 5

Resolution:
Documentation:
Notification:
 

3 Strikes ~ Poll

Discussion:

Take action on an adopter/moderator if a user attempts to contact them 3 times with no response

Links:

http://forums.familysearch.org/en/showthread.php?t=6277

Owner:

MRitchey

Date:

February 26, 2011

Status:

Poll closes March 5

Resolution:
Documentation:
Notification:

Adopter/Moderator Inactivity ~ Poll

Discussion:

Maximum period of inactivity for adopters/moderators

Links:

http://forums.familysearch.org/en/showthread.php?t=6272

Owner:

MRitchey

Date:

February 26, 2011

Status:

Poll closes March 5

Resolution:
Documentation:
Notification:
 

Link From Adoption Sign to User Page ~ Poll


Discussion:

Prior Poll ~ Link from Adoption Signs to adopter's user page

Links:

http://forums.familysearch.org/en/showthread.php?t=5762

Owner:

MRitchey

Date:

January 31, 2011

Status:

Poll closed

Resolution:
Documentation:
Notification:

Multiple Adopters on a Page

Discussion:

Should we allow multiple adopters on a page

Links:

http://forums.familysearch.org/en/showthread.php?t=4696

Owner:

MRitchey

Date:

November 10, 2010

Status: No status specified.
Resolution:

Discussion tabled per MRitchey

Documentation:
Notification:


Review Panel to Remove Moderators/Adopters

Discussion:

Create a panel comprised of 1 FS representative, 1 moderator and 1 adopter to review non-performance

Links:

http://forums.familysearch.org/en/showthread.php?t=4696

Owner:

Evancol

Date:

March 3, 2011

Status:

Discussion ongoing

Resolution:
Documentation:
Notification:



Content

More Information on Uploaded Photos

Discussion:

Sometimes insufficient information with photo to categorize. Can a field be added to ask where the photo is to be used or where site is located.

Links:

http://forums.familysearch.org/en/showthread.php?t=6427

Owner:

Fran Jenson

Date:

March 7, 2011

Status:

Open for discussion

Resolution:
Documentation:
Notification:
 


Purpose and Appropriate Topics

Discussion:

Do we need to review this page and evaluate against current Wiki content.

Links:

http://forums.familysearch.org/en/showthread.php?t=6403

Owner:

James Tanner

Date:

March 6, 2011

Status:

Open for discussion

Resolution:
Documentation:
Notification:
 

Updated Moderator Pages Needed

Discussion:

A page that shows both the states and countries that have moderators and those that still need a moderator

Links:

http://forums.familysearch.org/en/showthread.php?t=6304

Owner:

Fran Jensen

Date:

March 3, 2011

Status:

discussion of best way to organize these lists. Fran Jenson to create pages and Jane Colmenares to start work on U.S.

Resolution:
Documentation:
Notification:
 

Remove Sandboxes from Search Results

Discussion:

Sandboxes currently appear in default search results. Should this be removed to avoid them appearing in genealogical results.

Links:

http://forums.familysearch.org/en/showthread.php?t=6026

Owner:

MRitchey

Date:

February 15, 2011

Status:

in discussion

Resolution:
Documentation:
Notification:
 

Contributors

Contributor Recognition


Discussion:

How can we recognize accomplishments on the Wiki and the Forums

Links:

http://forums.familysearch.org/en/showthread.php?t=6377

Owner:

Holed

Date:

March 4, 2011

Status:

Discussion ongoing

Resolution:
Documentation:
Notification:

Policies/Guidelines/Procedures

User Pages

Discussion:

Do we need to formulate a policy that outlines importance of the User Page and information it should contain

Links:

http://forums.familysearch.org/en/showthread.php?t=6384

Owner:

LEmbley

Date:

March 4, 2011

Status:

discussion ongoing - Discuss in Contributor's Meeting

Resolution:
Documentation:
Notification:


Discussion:

FS Affiliates logo ~ do we currently have one ?

Links:

http://forums.familysearch.org/en/showthread.php?t=5363

Owner:

NMurphy

Date:

December 30, 2010

Status:

discussion ongoing

Resolution:
Documentation:
Notification: