FamilySearch Wiki:Community Discussions and Proposals

From FamilySearch Wiki

(Difference between revisions)
(featured articles verbage)
(sortability by date)
Line 12: Line 12:
 
! Decision
 
! Decision
 
|-
 
|-
| [[FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 7 February 2013#Community Council Report|7 Feb 2013]]  
+
| [[FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 7 February 2013#Community Council Report|Feb 7 2013]]  
 
| Surname Project  
 
| Surname Project  
 
| Low  
 
| Low  
 
| Tabled to a later date: no owner, requires change to core purpose
 
| Tabled to a later date: no owner, requires change to core purpose
 
|-
 
|-
| [[FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 7 February 2013#New Agenda Items|7 Feb 2013]]  
+
| [[FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 7 February 2013#New Agenda Items|Feb 7 2013]]  
 
| SEO Experiment  
 
| SEO Experiment  
 
| Medium  
 
| Medium  
 
| In discussion & testing
 
| In discussion & testing
 
|-
 
|-
| [[FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 17 January 2013|17 January 2013]]  
+
| [[FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 17 January 2013|January 17 2013]]  
 
| Add "to do" page for Moderators  
 
| Add "to do" page for Moderators  
 
| Medium  
 
| Medium  
 
| Needs to be re-visited
 
| Needs to be re-visited
 
|-
 
|-
| [[FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 14 February 2013|14 Feb 2013]]; [[FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 21 February 2013|21 Feb]]
+
| [[FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 14 February 2013|Feb 14 2013]]; [[FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 21 February 2013|Feb 21]]
 
| New tabs forced when there are links for FS.org so you don't lose where you are in the wiki.  
 
| New tabs forced when there are links for FS.org so you don't lose where you are in the wiki.  
 
|  
 
|  
 
| David will talk to people who could help; Steve tried a template Complicated?
 
| David will talk to people who could help; Steve tried a template Complicated?
 
|-
 
|-
| [[FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 21 February 2013|21 Feb 2013]]
+
| [[FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 21 February 2013|Feb 21 2013]]
 
| News and events Seldom updated: Council suggested wiki should direct users to better sources rather than add "news" in Wiki
 
| News and events Seldom updated: Council suggested wiki should direct users to better sources rather than add "news" in Wiki
 
|  ?
 
|  ?
 
| Danielle will work with Marilyn Markham
 
| Danielle will work with Marilyn Markham
 
|-
 
|-
| [[FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 28 February 2013|28 Feb 2013]]
+
| [[FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 28 February 2013|Feb 18 2013]]
 
| Family History catalog is supposed to be included in Worldcat
 
| Family History catalog is supposed to be included in Worldcat
 
| Info
 
| Info
 
| Check in a few months
 
| Check in a few months
 
|-
 
|-
| [[FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 28 February 2013|28 Feb 2013]]
+
| [[FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 28 February 2013|Feb 28 2013]]
 
| Welcome message on Talk pages Volunteers to help craft a new message
 
| Welcome message on Talk pages Volunteers to help craft a new message
 
| High
 
| High
 
| Steve?
 
| Steve?
 
|-
 
|-
| [[FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 28 February 2013|28 Feb 2013]]
+
| [[FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 28 February 2013|Feb 28 2013]]
 
| Featured Articles - issue with the message
 
| Featured Articles - issue with the message
 
| ?
 
| ?

Revision as of 22:23, 2 May 2013

Idea.jpg

The Wiki Contributors Meeting is held on Thursdays at 1:00 PM (MTN) Frequently, there are discussions about ideas that could be implemented and possibly evolve into projects, but no resolution is reached. Those proposals will be listed here and they will be updated as needed, so that they will not be forgotten.



Date of Discussion Title Priority Decision
Feb 7 2013 Surname Project Low Tabled to a later date: no owner, requires change to core purpose
Feb 7 2013 SEO Experiment Medium In discussion & testing
January 17 2013 Add "to do" page for Moderators Medium Needs to be re-visited
Feb 14 2013; Feb 21 New tabs forced when there are links for FS.org so you don't lose where you are in the wiki. David will talk to people who could help; Steve tried a template Complicated?
Feb 21 2013 News and events Seldom updated: Council suggested wiki should direct users to better sources rather than add "news" in Wiki  ? Danielle will work with Marilyn Markham
Feb 18 2013 Family History catalog is supposed to be included in Worldcat Info Check in a few months
Feb 28 2013 Welcome message on Talk pages Volunteers to help craft a new message High Steve?
Feb 28 2013 Featured Articles - issue with the message  ? Janell will talk to them about changing the verbage