FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors MeetingEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Welcome to the Wiki Contributors Meeting
Join the discussion, ask questions, and share
The Wiki currently has 81,888
articles in English
Purpose and Time
| Come forge solutions with other community contributors. We discuss content, best practices, community, and strategy. This is a conference call meeting every Thursday from 1:00-2:00 PM (mountain time). Community members are welcome to suggest topics for the agenda by adding to the weekly agenda discussion pages.
Click meeting agenda below for a meeting date. Please add what you would like to discuss and see what is planned. You can join the meeting from there.
Or join now:
- Click to Join the meeting
- Sign in as a guest.
- Enter your phone number. MeetingPlace will connect you by phone and computer. It's amazing and easy.
- 7 March 2013 Meeting
- 14 March 2013 Meeting
- 21 March 2013 Cancelled for RootsTech
To review the recording of a previous meeting, click MeetingPlace Select Find a Meeting (ID 7770), enter the date (or date range -- such as Jan 1, 2011), and click Search. Scroll down and select the meeting.
Discussion and Proposal page
A page has been created to list ongoing suggestions and ideas that evolve from these meetings. It is hoped that possible changes and projects will not be forgotten, and will eventually reach a resolution. See Community Discussions and Proposals for the list.
Purpose of the meeting
- To forge solutions with other community contributors.
- To discuss content, community, best practices, current issues, and strategy.<br>
First half of meeting:
- Introduce new members
- Outstanding discussion items that need resolution (Forum issues, Policies/Manual of Style)
- What are you working on? Do you need people to come in and help?
- Ratings from Thumbs up/down
Second half of meeting: Rotation of topics
- Moderators and adopters: Learn from one another. What are you doing? Obstacles and getting the help to move beyond them. Collaborating.
- Training wanted: Add to the agenda early so experts and interested parties can be specifically invited
- Projects needing volunteers:
- Improve the Wiki: Resolve current issues and pending decisions
- Open: add your own agenda items
The Contributor's meeting was spurred by discussions from the Contributor's Corner Forum, including:
- Define the roles of moderators and adopters and the impact upon other contributors
- Discuss content isssues, such as the manual of style, creating informative links, and more.
- Share best practices, ideas, and suggestions
- Move from talk to decision and implementation
The Technical Meeting previously handled many of these issues. It has recently evolved into technical issues that may not interest all contributors.
| Stay informed by visiting and adding your comments to the Wiki Contributor's Corner forum. Discussions in the forum are not just talking to be talking. You will be a vital part of making community decisions that affect the FamilySearch Wiki and its users.
Instructions for Attending the Web Meeting
| The link to join the weekly meeting appears on both the agenda page and also this home page for the Community Meeting. (See above)
- Select the desired "Connect Me" option and enter the phone number for MeetingPlace reach you.
- Click the Connect button
You can also attend the meeting without using your computer.
- Dial into 801-240-2663 (Local/International) or 877-453-7266 (US Toll-free)
- Follow the prompts to enter the Meeting ID
Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, please run the MeetingPlace Test to verify you can participate in a web meeting.