FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 10 January 2013Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
MeetingPlace ID: 7770; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266 1 p.m. Mountain time on Thursdays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.
Introduce new members
Kudos go to ...
- LDS Church Records - Wiki Always Team - Utah Pages
Updates and follow up
- Support Team changes
- Forum replacement: We encourage everyone to look at all the options - this may be a transitional source waiting for FamilySearch to determine a permanent solution
- Goals: Evaluate 2012 and give ideas for goals for 2013 Lynda.
Community Council Report
The latest meeting was held on January 9, 2013. Topics covered included Moderators (removing and suggested new responsibility), Improving communication between all contributors, ways to retain contributors and increase the number of active contributors. --Steve 20:22, 10 January 2013 (UTC)
- Google Power Searching Courses (Free and excellent) - Lee
- Volunteer Experience Committee
- Testimonial for using the wiki - Success Stories - From perspective of patrons
- Send stories and quotes to Janell Vasquez
- Wikipedia editor to edit the FS.org pages
New Agenda Items
Removal of moderators – we have a list now of a bunch of moderators who need to be removed for various reasons. Who should do it and how?
· Moderators – let’s talk about adding a Things to Do page to their responsibilities
- Be part of the solution! Make your opinions known! Post comments to an existing thread or start a new discussion at Wiki Contributors Corner forum.
| Current forum threads of interest:
New since last week
Comments added since last week
Decisions made since last week