FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 11 Oct 2011Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
MeetingPlace ID: 7770; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266 1 p.m. Mountain time on Tuesdays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.
Introduce new members
Kudos go to ...
Updates and follow up
- New York project - they are working on defining tasks now.
- There are now reports available where we can watch and recognize contributors working on projects
- We have a monthly newsletter that we send to Wiki Contributors. You are invited to submit items for inclusion in that newsletter. They can go to RitcheyMT on his Talk page.
Style Guide Discussions
- The Stub process needs:
- A new name to make it more clear (Steve cautions against renaming because of how much needs to be changed if we change that name)
- A call out to contributors that might be interested in helping to expand stubs (Community Center)
- More defined process to help people know what is/is not a stub article (or does it stay as "use your best judgment"? There could be such a variety of options, people like the latter option)
- Rorie, Jane, and Ken volunteered to take this on. Thanks!
- See Wikipedia:Stubs
- When we copy a title from the Family History Library Catalog it copies with only a capital on the first word. To make the citiation correct, should we edit the title to reflect conventional title capitalization?McBrideLW
- The answer the community came to is that the citation titles should be capitalized based on the Chicago Manual of Style. Note that there is a difference between the style for page article titles and citation titles. There was a suggestion that our Wiki article titles guideline in the Manual of Style is not how we have been doing things, suggestion was to add that to the MoS Talk page.
Project Help Requests
- Need help with your project? See a project that needs to be done? Add it here:
Improve the Wiki
- What are all the FCK editor bugs? Can someone volunteer to add them to the Known Issues page and/or the Editing Tool page?
- What is the process for selecting feature articles? How do we emphasize the best? How do we make sure less-than-best or less-than-ready don't end up featured? Lise 14:07, 11 October 2011 (UTC)
- Copyrights.... -- janellv
- Subpages – Clarification and possible policy change. Help:Subpages says: “By default, MediaWiki's subpage feature is turned off in the main namespace, but can be used on talk pages and user pages. See Help:Namespaces. In namespaces where the feature is switched off, any slashes (/) within a page name are simply part of the page name and do nothing special.”
- The above paragraph seems to talk about two different things.
- Where subpages can be used. This seems to imply that subpages are only for talk and user pages.
- The breadcrumb trail that can be automatically generated. Should this be turned on for other types of pages? Judy 19:39, 11 October 2011 (UTC)
Moderators and Adopters
- Moderator thread -- janellv
- Be part of the solution! Make your opinions known! Post comments to an existing thread or start a new discussion at Wiki Contributors Corner forum.
| Current forum threads of interest:
New since last week
Comments added since last week
Decisions made since last week
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News