FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 19 September 2013Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
MeetingPlace ID: 7770; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266 1 p.m. Mountain time on Thursdays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.
Welcoome to Myra and Linda who are the newest Wiki Support Team members
Kudos go to
Steve, Lise, and Lee for following up on items discussed the previous meetings
Things contributors do on the Wiki
(for the benefit of those new)
- Add resources to the locality or topic that you have knowledge about
- Join a project that is already established: List of projects by categories https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Category:WikiProjects and Projects looking for contributors: https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/FamilySearch_Wiki:WikiProjects_Seeking_Contributors
- Help Wanted pages: https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/FamilySearch_Wiki:Help_wanted_on_the_Wiki
- Learn about resources in the area where you live
- Put categories on pages
- Maintenance tasks: https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/FamilySearch_Wiki:Maintenance/General_Cleanup
- Wanted Pages: https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Special:WantedPages
- FamilySearch Wiki things you can do: https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/FamilySearch_Wiki:Things_you_can_do (We need to expound a little on the list of items on this page so people know what they are. Myra will play around with this).
Moderators and Adopters
Conversation in the call:
Updates and follow up
- Lise - Working on how directors can use the Wiki. Use redirect on flyers. See Wiki article on redirects: https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Help:Redirects
- Is there a way to assign all the conference articles into a master category that contains all Syllabi content? ( a hierarchy within categories). This needs to be done manually (Syllabi from conferences). Pass on to Support Team.
- References like currently would preferrably be better if phrased "as of a certain date." This should be added to style guide. Take to Community Council.
Community Council Report
Yesterday the Community Council discussed and agreed that a new guideline for Syllabuses would be a welcome addition to the Research Wiki. One has since been added -- FamilySearch Wiki:Syllabuses. --Steve 13:10, 19 September 2013 (UTC)
New Agenda Items
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News