FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 20 September 2012Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
MeetingPlace ID: 7770; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266 1 p.m. Mountain time on Thursdays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.
Introduce new members
Kudos go to ...
Updates and follow up
- References in the wiki "the question really isn't about whether to use footnote or endnote styles, but rather how to display information so that readers can most effectively glean it."
Let's get this one completed!
- Reminder - please take and encourage others to take the survey for new home page.
New Agenda Items
- Experimenting and Testing in the Wiki - purpose, style guide, procedures, etc. See The Lean Startup. -- janellv 15:02, 19 September 2012 (UTC)
- 'Source Box' integration with Wiki. It was mentioned in one of the webinars that they were going to add Source Box' to the Wiki, probably not directly in-page but in a way that would allow you to add the page or maybe part of it to your source box and attach it to ancestors like any other source in Family Tree. How might that affect us and what about articles on how best to use articles as sources in Family Tree? JamesAnderson 18:35, 20 September 2012 (UTC)
- Be part of the solution! Make your opinions known! Post comments to an existing thread or start a new discussion at Wiki Contributors Corner forum.
| Current forum threads of interest:
New since last week
Comments added since last week
Decisions made since last week
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News