FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 3 January 2013Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
MeetingPlace ID: 7770; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266 1 p.m. Mountain time on Thursdays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.
Introduce new members
Kudos go to ...
Nathan Murphy and the team who have been adding the online collections to the Wiki pages. Accessing those collections from the Wiki saved me a lot of time when I was researching my family, recently. Huge thanks for this resource and the links that have been provided!averyld
Updates and follow up
Community Council Report
New Agenda Items
Benjamin Franklin "Living without a goal is like shooting without a target."
In an effort to move discussion items to completion, I am proposing that we use the following outline, subject to change, as a way to help us achieve that. This could be put in a table if we ever get the gridlines back! For instance, I have been contacting Wiki Project leaders to get the status of those projects on the page "Wiki Projects Seeking Contributors". I am proposing that we create an Archive page for the finished, cancelled or suspended pages that would have the link to the main project pages on it. Then, we could have a badge created for those pages so that people would know immediately that the project is finished, etc.
- Goal for this item: Have an accurate list of ongoing projects
- Steps to achieve this goal:
- Create an Archive page
- Move project links to that page
- Create a badge for the finished project main page
- Get the badge on those pages
- Assignments and dates of completion:
- Evaluation date:averyld 18:09, 31 December 2012 (UTC)
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More