FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 4 October 2012Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
MeetingPlace ID: 7770; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266 1 p.m. Mountain time on Thursdays
- You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
- Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.
Introduce new members
Kudos go to ...
Updates and follow up
- Changes to Policy poll has closed with 100% voting for proposed changes. If we have no dissenters, the policy will be added to the Wiki policies page. Information will be moved.
- Follow up discussion on "References in the Wiki." See the meeting agenda for last week for proposed Style Guide text and sample wiki pages. Lise 19:52, 2 October 2012 (UTC)
- Being too simplistic is a problem - Author and year of publication need to be with the title of the book(Clay County Illinois)
- See the FS Blog for information about listing links for digital books.
- There is a fine line between how simple the references should be, with the information that will help the researcher, regardless of his expertise.
- Jane is visiting FHC's and could have people look at the examples and see how they react. She could also present at a conference next month. Darris could have some of his people also look at these.
- After getting some other input, a final decision will be made regarding the style guide.
New Agenda Items
- Adding document retrieval category. evancol 21:19, 2 October 2012 (UTC)
- Facebook and the Wiki could coordinate this activity with links back and forth to encourage the use of the volunteers.
- Professional Genealogists pages will be linked at the bottom of the Topics section and Get Help section at the bottom of the page. These will be the only links on the pages, and will be on the State pages.
Things to check out
- Be part of the solution! Make your opinions known! Post comments to an existing thread or start a new discussion at Wiki Contributors Corner forum.
| Current forum threads of interest:
New since last week
Comments added since last week
Decisions made since last week
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More