FamilySearch Wiki:Contributors Meeting 6 December 2012Edit This Page

From FamilySearch Wiki

(Difference between revisions)
m (added agenda item)
(Updates and follow up)
 
(10 intermediate revisions by 3 users not shown)
Line 14: Line 14:
 
=== Updates and follow up  ===
 
=== Updates and follow up  ===
  
== Community Council Report ==
+
*[[User:JanaStokes/Sandbox Test|Utah Wikiproject Beginners Corner Scratch Pad ]] 
 +
*The consensus of opinion is that Jana's done a good job with the graphics.  The question is whether to have this graphic on the State page and eliminate another graphic - or to have a Beginner's corner page that would have this on it and be linked to from the state page.
 +
*Graphics capture beginners - so not just words to link to beginners corner [[User:AdkinsWH|AdkinsWH]] 16:53, 12 December 2012 (UTC)
 +
*The group working on the state page could coordinate with this idea and have Wilma join for her opinion and input.  A meeting will be scheduled.
 +
 
 +
=== Community Council Report ===
 +
 
 +
*The Council met last week and looked at how they can help impact the Wiki.  They will meet next week and will be discussing removal of non-functioning moderators and recruiting of new moderators.
 +
*The council minutes are online for anyone to view
  
 
=== Business/Announcements  ===
 
=== Business/Announcements  ===
 +
 +
*Forums - There have been concerns regarding efficiency, support, customer satisfaction etc. for the Forums. The decision has been made to replace the current Forums with another venue. 
 +
*Do we want to move the Wiki forums discussions to the new tool?  Could we use the Wiki Discussion pages more as a replacement for Forums?
 +
*We could create a Wiki group to test new options.
 +
*Wikipedia has "Village Pump" where discussions can be held.
 +
*A new tool should have the ability to track the discussions and should have the ability for people to attach a document that they have questions on, or need discussion for research area.
 +
*Watch the Forums for announcements.
  
 
=== New Agenda Items  ===
 
=== New Agenda Items  ===
 +
 +
*How do we tie up loose ends (or loose projects) on the wiki? Is there a way to track good ideas, identify who has accepted a project and progress on it?
 +
*Could we have a working ideas page of items that we have discussed and give someone an opportunity to actually work on the project. Lynda would be willing to move items from this meeting to that page. A representative from other meetings could add from their meeting.  The page could become part of this agenda every couple of weeks or monthly to determine the progress.  The community council could look at it also.
 +
*Assignment - Jane will create the page.  Lynda will move the minutes there and put it on the agenda's for this meeting.  This page will also need to be connected to the Home page.  
 +
*Can we make projects of work groups more transparent and inclusive, even little ones, like the Digital Collections project. And others like the "standardization of state pages." Who is on these teams, are the discussions open to others? There are several projects that are not listed on the [[FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProjects Seeking Contributors]] page. [[User:AdkinsWH|AdkinsWH]] 00:21, 6 December 2012 (UTC)
 +
*Encourage project leaders to get their pages on a list of projects, whether asking for contributors to help or not.  Some of the projects listed on the page need to be updated. Check to see if there is already a page for current projects.  
 +
*Assign one of the Support team to contact the project leaders and get their lists updated. Have that person offer assistance. Make sure contact people are listed for the projects.  Does the FH library have a list of their ongoing projects and their needs?
 +
*
 +
**Thoughts on the [[Suffolk Gazetteers|Suffolk Gazeteers]] page 
  
 
=== Forums Overview  ===
 
=== Forums Overview  ===

Latest revision as of 16:53, 12 December 2012

MeetingPlace ID: 7770; Join the meeting; Dial-in number: 877-453-7266  1 p.m. Mountain time on Thursdays

  • You can join up to 10 minutes early. If you try to join the meeting at any other time, you will get an error that the meeting doesn't exist.
  • Prior to joining the meeting for the first time, run the MeetingPlace Test to verify that you can participate in a web meeting.


Introduce new members


Kudos go to ... 

Updates and follow up

  • Utah Wikiproject Beginners Corner Scratch Pad  
  • The consensus of opinion is that Jana's done a good job with the graphics.  The question is whether to have this graphic on the State page and eliminate another graphic - or to have a Beginner's corner page that would have this on it and be linked to from the state page.
  • Graphics capture beginners - so not just words to link to beginners corner AdkinsWH 16:53, 12 December 2012 (UTC)
  • The group working on the state page could coordinate with this idea and have Wilma join for her opinion and input.  A meeting will be scheduled.

Community Council Report

  • The Council met last week and looked at how they can help impact the Wiki.  They will meet next week and will be discussing removal of non-functioning moderators and recruiting of new moderators.
  • The council minutes are online for anyone to view

Business/Announcements

  • Forums - There have been concerns regarding efficiency, support, customer satisfaction etc. for the Forums. The decision has been made to replace the current Forums with another venue. 
  • Do we want to move the Wiki forums discussions to the new tool?  Could we use the Wiki Discussion pages more as a replacement for Forums?
  • We could create a Wiki group to test new options.
  • Wikipedia has "Village Pump" where discussions can be held.
  • A new tool should have the ability to track the discussions and should have the ability for people to attach a document that they have questions on, or need discussion for research area.
  • Watch the Forums for announcements.

New Agenda Items

  • How do we tie up loose ends (or loose projects) on the wiki? Is there a way to track good ideas, identify who has accepted a project and progress on it?
  • Could we have a working ideas page of items that we have discussed and give someone an opportunity to actually work on the project. Lynda would be willing to move items from this meeting to that page. A representative from other meetings could add from their meeting.  The page could become part of this agenda every couple of weeks or monthly to determine the progress.  The community council could look at it also.
  • Assignment - Jane will create the page.  Lynda will move the minutes there and put it on the agenda's for this meeting.  This page will also need to be connected to the Home page.  
  • Can we make projects of work groups more transparent and inclusive, even little ones, like the Digital Collections project. And others like the "standardization of state pages." Who is on these teams, are the discussions open to others? There are several projects that are not listed on the FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProjects Seeking Contributors page. AdkinsWH 00:21, 6 December 2012 (UTC)
  • Encourage project leaders to get their pages on a list of projects, whether asking for contributors to help or not.  Some of the projects listed on the page need to be updated. Check to see if there is already a page for current projects.  
  • Assign one of the Support team to contact the project leaders and get their lists updated. Have that person offer assistance. Make sure contact people are listed for the projects.  Does the FH library have a list of their ongoing projects and their needs?

Forums Overview

Be part of the solution! Make your opinions known! Post comments to an existing thread or start a new discussion at Wiki Contributors Corner forum.
Current forum threads of interest:


Polls


New since last week

  •  

Comments added since last week


Decisions made since last week



Be bold, post your agenda items!

Feel free to post on the agenda any items you wish to discuss during the meeting. If your item requires details or feedback, post them on the discussion page and link to them from the agenda. Possible topics include:
  • Moderator and Adopters
  • Style Guide Discussions
  • Project Help Requests
  • Training Requests
  • Improve the Wiki


Purpose of the meeting

Improve the Wiki

  • Forge solutions with other community contributors.
  • Share best practices, ideas, and content.
  • Discuss current issues, community matters, and strategies.
  • Move issues to decision.

 


  • This page was last modified on 12 December 2012, at 16:53.
  • This page has been accessed 349 times.