FamilySearch Wiki:FamilySearch Wiki namespaceEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
|FamilySearch Wiki namespaces|
|Basic namespaces||Talk namespaces|
|4||FamilySearch Wiki||FamilySearch Wiki talk||5|
Pages in this namespace will always have the prefix FamilySearch Wiki:. They can also be reached by alias Project: the standard prefix used by MediaWiki, the software used to run the wiki.
Rules, policies, guidelines
- Category:FamilySearch Wiki policy contains important rules that are widely accepted, and procedures for important processes such as deletion; there are very few of those
- Category:Style guidelines contains consensual rules-of-thumb that are not strict, but are considered by most FamilySearch Wikins to be useful most of the time
- Category:Policy proposals is used for proposing new policies
- Category:Style guideline proposals is used for proposing new guidelines
Information and discussions
Many pages in FamilySearch Wiki namespace have nothing to do with rules, and thus do not belong in the above categories.
- Some pages are designed for discussions, such as FamilySearch Wiki:Community Meetings sections.
- Pages with "FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject" prefix form a WikiProject pseudo-namespace.
- Many pages simply provide some information about FamilySearch Wiki (like this page). .
Before creating a new page
The project namespace contains many pages and a lot of information, and most FamilySearch Wikins probably have not read all of it. To make information easier to find, try to avoid creating new pages in the project namespace unnecessarily. If you want to add material, you might discover that the same thing already exists somewhere else.
- This page was last modified on 21 August 2015, at 14:49.
- This page has been accessed 1,981 times.