FamilySearch Wiki:Help wanted on the Idaho pagesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Many Hands Make Light Work...
Everyone knows at least a little bit about something or someplace. The information you contribute could be exactly what someone else needs to connect with or add to their family history.
Pages & Projects That Need Your Help
- 1. Pick a County you would like to work on from the table on this page https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Wiki_Project_--_Idaho_--_Tasks_--_Newspapers_in_Cities (Follow instructions on the page)
- 2. Start with the Wiki Idaho State page. https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Idaho. Go to the county you wish to work on and find Newspapers.
- 3. Historical Newspapers need to be located and listed on the County pages. Go to the Idaho State Historical Society pages http://history.idaho.gov/archives-collections
Then to Idaho newspapers, this page has the counties list and the names of the papers and years when they were published.
Be sure to checking for broken links or add categories to each page.
- A "Stub" is a page containing a limited amount of information. If you need help learning about stub pages and how to add information to them, click here: Instructions for filling out stub articles. Follow a link below to help fill out pages that need more information:
- 1. Work on a stub article, stub articles are pages with some information on them. More can be put on the page; there is no specific size at which an article stops being a stub. Articles need to be cover adequately. With only a few short paragraphs may cover the subject of the article. Read about Stubs https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/FamilySearch_Wiki:Stub
- 2.Go to Stub page https://familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Category:Idaho_stubsand pick a stub article you would like work on.
- 3. Removing the stub status:
Once a stub has been properly expanded and becomes a larger article, any editor may remove its stub template. No administrator action or formal permission is needed.
- Instructions for moderator: To see all of the stub articles for your locality click here...See the locality in Stub Types.
- A "Wanted Page" is a page that doesn't yet exist, but someone created a link to it, showing that they want a page on that topic created. For online classes to learn how to create a new page or wiki article click here: Creating a Wiki Article Searching for and Creating Articles.
- Follow the red links below to create a requested Wanted page:
- A moderator is needed to work with and support contributors in (State). Would you like to help as a moderator?
Other Help Wanted Projects
- If there are other areas of the FamilySearch Wiki you would like to volunteer for, we have a Wiki Help Wanted page that lists additional projects and areas where help is needed.