FamilySearch Wiki:Help wanted on the Iowa pages
From FamilySearch Wiki
|Line 26:||Line 26:|
::*Adair, IowaAdair, Iowa
::*Adams Township, Dallas County, IowaAdams Township, Dallas County, Iowa
::*Adel, IowaAdel, Iowa
::*Anthon, IowaAnthon, Iowa
::*Arbor Hill, IowaArbor Hill, Iowa
::*For additional Iowa stub pages see https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/Category:Iowa_stubs List of Iowa Stub Pages
::*For additional Iowa stub pages see
Revision as of 21:29, 21 March 2013
<img _fck_mw_template="true" _fckrealelement="0" _fckfakelement="true" src="https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/extensions/FCKeditor/fckeditor/editor/images/spacer.gif" class="FCK__MWTemplate">
Pages and Projects That Need Your Help
- Some examples of beginner projects might be checking for broken links or adding categories to pages.
- <a href="Help:Categorization">Adding Categories</a>
- <a href="FamilySearch Wiki:Maintenance/General Cleanup">Repair Broken Links</a>
- Add information to your county and/or city pages.
- Prepare county histories - county section of each state.
- Repositories - what's in a repository of genealogical interest ... U.S. Canada.
- Write about Migration Trails - Which Counties and Towns they went through in both the U.S. and Canada.
- A "Stub" is a page containing a limited amount of information. If you need help learning about stub pages and how to add information to them, review the article <a _fcknotitle="true" href="FamilySearch Wiki:Stub">FamilySearch Wiki:Stub</a>. Follow a link below to help fill out pages that need more information:
- For additional Iowa stub pages see [List of Iowa Stub Pages]
- A "Wanted Page" is a page that doesn't yet exist, but someone created a link to it, showing that they want a page on that topic created. For online classes to learn how to create a new page or wiki article click here: <a href="http://bcove.me/m9ttknth">Creating a Wiki Article</a> <a href="http://broadcast.lds.org/elearning/FHD/Local_Support/Consultant/BIG/Research_Wiki/CreatingandSearching/player.html">Searching for and Creating Articles</a>.
- Follow the red links below to create a requested Wanted page:
- Look through the <a href="Special:WantedPages">list of wanted pages</a>
Maintaining Existing Pages
- Check and fix broken links
- <a href="FamilySearch Wiki:Patrolling">Patrolling</a>
- <a href="FamilySearch Wiki:Patrolling#Patrolling_New_Pages">Patrolling New Pages</a>
- <a href="FamilySearch Wiki:Patrolling#Patrolling_Recent_Changes">Patrolling Recent Changes</a>
- <a href="Categorization">Add Catagories to pages</a>
- <a href="Share your knowledge by adding to the Wiki">How to Make Your First Edit</a>
Specific Needs for Your Area
- 1. State, county, and town histories often contain biographical sketches of local citizens, including important genealogical information. This may be one of the best sources of information for some families.
- 2. If you are interested in being a moderator for a state or country, please contact the <a href="mailto:email@example.com">Support Team</a>
Other Help Wanted Projects
- If there are other areas of the FamilySearch Wiki you would like to volunteer for, we have a <a href="FamilySearch Wiki:Help wanted on the Wiki">Wiki Help Wanted</a> page that lists additional projects and areas where help is needed.
<a _fcknotitle="true" href="Category:Iowa">Iowa</a> <a _fcknotitle="true" href="Category:States_of_the_United_States">States_of_the_United_States</a>
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More