FamilySearch Wiki:Help wanted on the Maine pagesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Many Hands Make Light Work...
Everyone knows at least a little bit about something or someplace. The information you contribute could be exactly what someone else needs to connect with or add to their family history.
Pages & Projects That Need Your Help
Here are some projects that a volunteer can work on with minimal training.
- Add information to your county and/or city pages. Help:Editing a Page
- Prepare county histories - county section of this state.
- What information can you add to a page about about a repository of genealogical interest?
Specific repository pages that need to be created are in red. Or the Major Repositories section on the Maine page has Pages that can be improved.
- Outside company providing content ... we are putting in the wiki for formatting.
- Write about Migration Trails - Which Counties and Towns they went through in both the U.S. & Canada. Also there is a section of Migration Routes on the state page. Everything in black still needs to be created. Use the following helps: Creating a Wiki Article Searching for and Creating Articles.
- A "Stub" is a page containing a limited amount of information. If you need help learning about stub pages and how to add information to them, review the article FamilySearch Wiki:Stub. Follow a link below to help fill out pages that need more information:
- Instructions for moderator: To see all of the stub articles for your locality, review Category: Maine stubs.
- A "Wanted Page" is a page that doesn't yet exist, but someone created a link to it, showing that they want a page on that topic created. For online classes to learn how to create a new page or wiki article click here: Creating a Wiki Article Searching for and Creating Articles.
- Follow the links below to create a requested Wanted page:
- A moderator is needed to work with and support contributors in Maine. Would you like to help as a moderator?
Other Help Wanted Projects
- If there are other areas of the FamilySearch Wiki you would like to volunteer for, we have a Wiki Help Wanted page that lists additional projects and areas where help is needed.
We want your opinion!
Give feedback on two US state pages by clicking on the purple button belowClick Here