FamilySearch Wiki:Help wanted on the South Dakota pagesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Many Hands Make Light Work...
Everyone knows at least a little bit about something or someplace. The information you contribute could be exactly what someone else needs to connect with or add to their family history.
Pages & Projects That Need Your Help
- Some examples of beginner projects might be checking for broken links or adding categories to pages.
- Adding Categories
- Add information to your county and/or city pages.
- Prepare county histories - county section of each state.
- Repositories - what's in a repository of genealogical interest ... U.S. Canada.
- Migration routes
- A "Stub" is a page containing a limited amount of information. If you need help learning about stub pages and how to add information to them, review the article FamilySearch Wiki:Stub. Follow a link below to help fill out pages that need more information:
- Instructions for moderator: To see all of the stub articles for your locality, review Category: South Dakota stubs.
- A "Wanted Page" is a page that doesn't yet exist, but someone created a link to it, showing that they want a page on that topic created. For online classes to learn how to create a new page or wiki article click here: Creating a Wiki Article Searching for and Creating Articles.
- Follow the red links below to create a requested Wanted page:
Specific Needs for Your Area
- State, county, and town histories often contain biographical sketches of local citizens, including important genealogical information. This may be one of the best sources of information for some families.
- If you are interested in being the moderator for South Dakota, please contact the Support Team
Maintaining Existing Pages
Other Help Wanted
The Country pages, the state and provenience pages, and the county and parish pages need you! To learn more about what help is needed in specific countries enter the words 'help wanted' in the search box and click on the country you have an interest in. At the bottom of most of these pages is a list containing instructions and information on what is needed for that particular area. In addition to that, here are some simple ways you can add information other researchers need!
- Add each state or county's creation date and parent states/counties. This information can be found using the Place Search in the Family History Library Catalog.
- Add links to digitized state and county histories. A large collection of such histories is Brigham Young University's Family History Archives. A shortcut to searching it for local histories is on the BYU-FHL Digital Books Collection page.
- The Research Wiki is also available in ten other languages. You can help by translating pages into one of the other languages.
- A moderator is needed to work with and support contributors in South Dakota. Would you like to help as a moderator?
Other Help Wanted Projects
- If there are other areas of the FamilySearch Wiki you would like to volunteer for, we have a Wiki Help Wanted page that lists additional projects and areas where help is needed.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News