FamilySearch Wiki:Help wanted on the Texas pagesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Many Hands Make Light Work...
Everyone knows at least a little bit about something or someplace. The information you contribute could be exactly what someone else needs to connect with or add to their family history.
Pages and Projects That Need Your Help
- Some examples of beginner projects might be checking for broken links or adding categories to pages.
- Adding Categories
- Repair Broken Links
- Add information to your county and/or city pages.
- Prepare county histories - county section of each state.
- Repositories - what's in a repository of genealogical interest ... U.S. Canada.
- Write about Migration Trails - Which Counties and Towns they went through in both the U.S. and Canada.
- A "Stub" is a page containing a limited amount of information. If you need help learning about stub pages and how to add information to them, review the article FamilySearch Wiki:Stub. Follow a link below to help fill out pages that need more information:
- Instructions for moderator: To see all of the stub articles for your locality click here... See the locality in Stub Types.
- A "Wanted Page" is a page that doesn't yet exist, but someone created a link to it, showing that they want a page on that topic created. For online classes to learn how to create a new page or wiki article click here: Creating a Wiki Article Searching for and Creating Articles.
- Follow the red links below to create a requested Wanted page:
Look through more wanted pages listed on Special:WantedPages
Specific Needs for Your Area
Maintaining Existing Pages
Other Help Wanted Projects
- If there are other areas of the FamilySearch Wiki you would like to volunteer for, we have a Wiki Help Wanted page that lists additional projects and areas where help is needed.
- Add links to the David Rumsey Map Collection for the state or county in question. For an example, see the Pennsylvania.
- Add each state or county's creation date and parent states/counties. This information can be found using the Place Search in the Family History Library Catalog.
- Add links to digitized state and county histories. A large collection of such histories is Brigham Young University's Family History Archives. A shortcut to searching it for local histories is on the BYU-FHL Digital Books Collection page.
- The Research Wiki is also available in ten other languages. You can help by translating pages into one of the other languages.
- A moderator is needed to work with and support contributors in (State). Would you like to help as a moderator?
- This page was last modified on 22 December 2015, at 20:29.
- This page has been accessed 2,483 times.
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News