FamilySearch Wiki:Help wanted on the Wyoming pagesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Many Hands Make Light Work...
Everyone knows at least a little bit about something or someplace. The information you contribute could be exactly what someone else needs to connect with or add to their family history.
Pages & Projects That Need Your Help
- Adding Categories
- Fixing broken links
Here are some projects that a volunteer can work on with minimal training. Contact Marilyn Markham at the Family History Library (801.240.3380) for training.
- Add information to your county and/or city pages.
- Prepare county histories - county section of each state.
- Repositories - what's in a repository of genealogical interest ... U.S. Canada.
- Outside company providing content ... we are putting in the wiki for formatting.
- Write about Migration Trails - Which Counties and Towns they went through in both the U.S. & Canada.
- A "Stub" is a page containing a limited amount of information. If you need help learning about stub pages and how to add information to them, review the article FamilySearch Wiki:Stub. Follow a link below to help fill out pages that need more information:
- Instructions for moderator: To see all of the stub articles for your locality click here... See the locality in Stub Types.
- A "Wanted Page" is a page that doesn't yet exist, but someone created a link to it, showing that they want a page on that topic created. For online classes to learn how to create a new page or wiki article click here: Creating a Wiki Article| or Searching for and Creating Articles.
- Follow the red links below to create a requested Wanted page:
- Look through the list of wanted pages
Specific Needs for Your Area
Maintaining Existing Pages
- Check and fix broken links
- Patrolling New Pages
- Patrolling Recent Changes
- Add Catagories to pages
Other Help Wanted
The Country pages, the state and provenience pages, and the county and parish pages need you! To learn more about what help is needed in specific countries enter the words 'help wanted' in the search box and click on the country you have an interest in. At the bottom of most of these pages is a list containing instructions and information on what is needed for that particular area.
In addition to that, here are some simple ways you can add information other researchers need!
- Add links to the David Rumsey Map Collection for the state or county in question. For an example, see the Pennsylvania.
- Add each state or county's creation date and parent states/counties. This information can be found using the Place Search in the Family History Library Catalog.
- Add links to digitized state and county histories. A large collection of such histories is Brigham Young University's Family History Archives. A shortcut to searching it for local histories is on the [https://www.familysearch.org/learn/wiki/en/BYU-FHL_Digital_Book_Collect
ion BYU-FHL Digital Books Collection page.]
- The Research Wiki is also available in ten other languages. You can help by translating pages into one of the other languages.
- A moderator is needed to work with and support contributors in Wyoming. Would you like to help as a moderator?