FamilySearch Wiki:New Contributors TrainingEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
PURPOSE: Support & Collaboration
- If you have experience with family history but are new to using the Wiki, this meeting is for you! You may receive support in contributing to the Wiki, which helps others with direction in their personal research.
- The first part of the meeting will include training on the scheduled topic. After the training, the agenda is open for you to ask questions you may have.
- Current news items are sometimes discussed.
- The Family history community naturally reaches out to mentor and share our knowledge and sources with each other. As we do this, we experience the support of collaboration and the sweetness of success. Working together, we will find our ancestors!
WHEN: Thursdays 12:00 to 1:00 PM MST (2:00-3:00 EST)
Click to Attend (MeetingPlace ID 5252)
See below for instructions on using MeetingPlace.
WHAT: Scheduled Topics
|1. User pages, Discussion Pages, Setting Preferences and Watching Pages||January 11, 2012|
|2. Navigation Bar, Sandbox, Page History, Uploading Images/Files||
January 18, 2012
|3. Rich Text Editor and Wikitext||
January 25, 2012
|4. References/Citations, Namespaces, Categorization, Templates||
February 3, 2012
*These dates are subject to change.
WHERE: Online with MeetingPlace
Attend Meeting (MeetingPlace ID 5252)
To both view and hear the meeting
- Click Attend Meeting, above.
- If necessary, in the Meeting ID field, enter 5252, and then click the Attend Meeting button.
- On the Attend Meeting screen, enter either a guest user name or your LDS Account information, and then click the Attend Meeting button.
- Under Connect Me, make sure that the boxes next to both Join the web conference and Have MeetingPlace call my phone have a checkmark in them; type your phone number (including area code, with no dashes or parentheses) in the appropriate field; and then click the Connect button.
To hear the meeting only
Call 801-240-2663 (or toll-free 877-453-7266), and then follow the prompts. The Meeting ID is 5252.
Sometimes, MeetingPlace will fail to connect an international caller to the toll-free number. If this happens to you, using Skype, you can call the toll-free number at no cost to join the meeting.
- Join the meeting over your computer, but don't have the system call your phone.
- In Skype, click Call Phones.
- Select the United States flag, then enter 877-453-7266.
- Follow the prompts; the Meeting ID is 5252.
- The "pound" key is the same as the "hash" key, #.
- Skype can cause reverberation in the meeting, so please keep your audio muted when you are not speaking.
Previous Recordings and Lesson Plans
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News