FamilySearch Wiki:Policy Changes or AdditionsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 22:21, 8 October 2012 by Averyld
|This page explains a policy, a widely accepted standard that all contributors should normally follow. Changes made to it should reflect consensus.|
Please visit the discussion page to add comments or suggestions for further development of the policy.
The following steps should be followed when there is a proposal for a new Policy in the Wiki, or a change to an existing Policy is being suggested.
- Create the page in a sandbox and put a policy proposal template on it.
- Post it on the Wiki Contributors' Corner Forum and, if possible, the Community Meeting Agenda.
- Add a link from the proposed page and its Discussion page, to the forum post.
- In the Forum post, link to the Sandbox containing the proposed page and its Discussion page.
- Give it two weeks for feedback, and then request that a forum moderator post it with a survey for acceptance.
- To find a Forum Moderator, scroll to the bottom of the main Forum page and click on "View Forum Leaders". A list of moderators will appear, and you can contact one of them to post the survey. giving a two-week time period for responses.
- 6. When the proposed policy is accepted, move it from the sandbox to a Wiki page with the correct title, and replace the Proposal template with the Policy template.
- Create a specific proposal for the changes in a sandbox.
- Follow steps 2-6 above.
Share Your Opinion!
Give feedback on our new look! Tell us what you like, and what you would do differently.Give Feedback