FamilySearch Wiki:StubEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
What's a stub?
A stub is an article with little or no information. You are welcome to edit stub articles!
Stubs about places: Add information!
Many stubs are about places. There are many types of information you can easily add to a place page, including but not limited to:
- Ethnic groups
- Non-English Research Tools
- County Origin. For instance, if the place page is about a county, the page could contain information about the county's parent counties. This information is often on the Family History Library Catalog. Include minimalist/simple/crucial information rather than general information.
- Links to other helpful/relevant pages in Wiki
- Links to pages on local ethnic, religious, or racial groups
- Strategy docs/case studies
- Gazetteers/place finding aids
- Translation or handwriting guides
- Links to pertinent online forums and discussion groups
- Links to digitized county histories
- Timelines covering (destruction of records, natural disasters, major migrations, etc..)
- Genealogical/Historical Events in the local media
- Images of the place or its records
- Events that affect jurisdictions and records
- Events affecting many deaths or migrations
- Laws affecting adoptions, marriages, migrations, or record format
- Laws affecting record access
- Inventions (travel, migrations, etc.) epidemics, delays between inventions and their widespread acceptance (such as the Utah railroad)
- Information on wars and drafts
- Migration routes per time period
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News