FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Ohio Tasks-Standardize County Subject HeadingsEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
WikiProject Ohio Wiki Project New Ohio Tasks - Standardize County Subject Headings
The purpose of this task is to check each Ohio county page and standardize the record headings for each page.
New to the wiki? Questions about editing this project? See Wiki Project Ohio Style and Guidelines
1. Access the correct county page.
2. Decide if the current headings are different than what is suggested below. Make the appropriate changes.
3. If a heading already exists on a page and is not included in the list below, keep the heading and the accompanying information and place in the appropriate place in the alphabetical list of resources.
4. Place Historical Facts above the County Headings box.
5. Place Boundary Changes under the Ohio Digital Collections button.
===Historical Facts ===
==== Boundary Changes====
==== Record Loss====
==== Bible Records ====
==== Biography ====
==== Business Records and Commerce ====
==== Cemeteries ====
==== Census ====
==== Church Records ====
==== Court Records ====
==== Ethnic, Political, or Religious Groups ====
==== Gazetteers ====
==== Genealogy ====
==== History ====
==== Land and Property ====
==== Maps ====
==== Migration ====
==== Military ====
==== Naturalization and Citizenship ====
==== Newspapers ====
==== Obituaries ====
==== Periodicals ====
==== Probate ====
==== Public Records ====
==== Repositories ====
===== Courthouse =====
===== Family History Centers=====
===== Libraries =====
===== Museums =====
===== Societies =====
==== Taxation ====
==== Vital Records ====
===== Birth =====
===== Marriage =====
===== Death =====
=== Places ===
If you are accepting this task:
- 1. Sign in to the wiki at the upper right-hand corner of this page. Use your FamilySearch account username and password.
- 2. Open the Assignment Chart for editing by clicking on the check mark in the box at the right opposite the Assignment Table heading.
- 3. Place your cursor in the box under the heading Name/Date Task Accepted and opposite your county of choice.
- 4. Type 4 tildes (~). This symbol is located on the upper left-hand part of your keyboard, next to the number 1. The ~~~~ is an electronic signature and will leave your user name and date when you signed.
- 5. Scroll nearly to the bottom of the page. Add a summary sentence in the Summary box saying something like, "Selected Adams County for adding societies".
- 6. Click on the box "Save Page".
- 7. You are now signed up to complete this task.
If you are completing this task:
- Follow the same instructions as accepting the task, except place your cursor in the correct county box under the heading Date Completed. Change your summary sentence to something like, "Completed Adams County for societies."
- Also, report your finished task on the Ohio FamilySearch Completed Task Google Form. Follow the instructions on the Google form. This step is important for documenting completed wiki volunteer work. Thank you!
Future Changes to the Wiki
Changes are coming to the FamilySearch Research Wiki in the near future. Find out more on the Wiki Community News page.Community News