FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Community Meeting 2012 July 25Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Click to join the meeting, 9:00–10:00 a.m. Wednesdays (Mountain). Meeting ID: 6804, click Attend Meeting, Sign in as a Guest (preferably with your name). (Further instructions under the label Join the meeting)
Anyone new to this meeting?
News and Events
Next meetings: BYU next week -- cancel our meeting? Aug 8, Wilma gone.
- July 31-Aug 3 BYU Conference on Family History & Genealogy
- August 18 (Saturday) UGA Regional Conference Cedar City
- September 21 and 22 (Friday and Saturday) UGA Regional Conference Sandy
Review of last meeting
- Wednesday, 18 July This was a breakthrough meeting
- Joy is making the changes suggested last week for neighboring counties maps. Will do 4 or 5 for approval before doing the rest.
- If it's going to discourage someone, let's not worry about minor changes.
- Liz is going through the State Archives site to add pertinent links and info to each county.
- Jana did the badge, but Wilma messed it up trying to make it an internal, rather than an external link.
- James did some heavy work on How to Find Birth Information in the United States.
Vital records (BMD, Div)
Birth area Suggest resources, review for dates and content.
Summary of minutes: Most were changes suggested. Many made right at the time in Births area. For James' article, comments were written by Jana and inserted on the talk page of the article
- Get documentation of Delayed Birth Registration - dates started, etc. (Says 1941 on state page, but no citation.) - Pat
- Get citation for statement in 1905 the state required copies to be sent to them. - Wilma
- Documentation for 100 years - Wilma
- Start templates and task page for Births - Wilma
- Start on the State Archives project - Liz
- Learn to make our own "badge" and other templates that allow adaptation - Wilma and Jana?
- Move forward on Marriage and Death
Meetings will be held on Wednesdays at 9:00 a.m.
- Progress reports
- Future focus for discussions:
- Church records
- Cemetery records
- Library area of each county
- Tip Bank