FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Community Meeting 2012 Sep 12Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Click to join the meeting, 9:00–10:00 a.m. Wednesdays (Mountain). Meeting ID: 2249, click Attend Meeting, Sign in as a Guest (preferably with your name). (Further instructions under the label Join the meeting)
Welcome back, James!?
News and Events
- September 20 Virtual presentation by Jason Harrison, City Directories: More than Names and Addresses. UGA Virtual Chapter meeting which occurs every 3rd Thursday, 7:00 p.m. (Mountain).
- September 21 and 22 (Friday and Saturday) UGA Regional Conference Sandy
- January 14-18, 2013 Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy (SLIG).
- March 21-23, 2013 RootsTech
Review of last meeting
- Wednesday, 5 Sept
Today: Progress reports; Utah page; how to find birth information; Church Records.
Progress reports 10 minutes
- Recruiting questionnaire for UGA Fall Conference in Sandy next week
- Greatly simplified through a survey (Kudos to Liz and Jana!)
- So far about 117 signed up through the UGA website. Hope for a lot of walk ins. Last year it seems they had 700, but writing this just now, maybe it was 450.
- Shall we ask UGA if they will let us dangle a carrot (a UGA membership or a few passes to an evening lecture for SLIG or to one of UGA's regional conferences)? It would have to be by a drawing -- perhaps one drawing for filling in the survey, another drawing about November for people who actually helped with the Utah project.
- Patsy says probably. Wilma will send an email to the exec comm and ask.
- Birth task: Doing in two segments:
- Lois has agreed to do the birth sections before civil birth records were created. She won't be able to start until Friday
- Liz is in process with the 1898-present segment. Several counties have been posted already.
From previous meetings:
- Neighboring counties clickable maps: ongoing
- History timelines progress (Marty)
- Utah Record Selection Table needs updating. (Just keeping on the list until done)
- Get documentation of Delayed Birth Registration - dates started, etc. (Says 1941 on state page, but no citation.) - Pat
- Do the county newspaper pages - Wilma
If time permits after each area is covered, can revisit any of these topics.
Utah Page 5-10 minutes
Jana will share her screen. User:JanaStokes/Sandbox Utah
This is really something that CAN make a big difference to the Wiki overall. The Thursday group will want to be part of the discussion and brainstorming. They do not expect anything this Thursday, but we will want to keep them involved in the conversation.
How to find Birth Information pages 10 minutes
If James is here, we will discuss this.
Church Records 15 minutes
Summary of minutes:
Ideas we won't forget
- Tip Bank
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More