FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Community Meeting 2013 June 5Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Click to join the meeting, 9:00–10:00 a.m. Wednesdays (Mountain). Meeting ID: 2249, click Attend Meeting, Sign in as a Guest (preferably with your name).
- Changed current SEO to: Guide to Box Elder County, Utah genealogy. Birth records, marriage and death records, census, cemeteries, church records, probate records, and obituaries—resources to find parents and family history since 1856, when the county was formed.
- Changed a few times after our May 8 meeting. The information through "obituaries" is exactly 154 characters (for Box Elder County).
- Completed for all 29 counties
- FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Progress
- Cemetery Records progress: Slow: No counties have been done since last meeting.
- Two volunteers will be trained to do this Friday morning
- Add an under construction banner -- do we want just anybody to touch?
- Decision: do an easier table
- United States Business Records James was about 3/4 finished last time. Then will populate the Utah county pages. Big job, but learning so much.
- Repositories section - significant changes from last discussion. Met with David Dilts, Marilyn Markham, and Lise Embley for their ideas. The format on Experimental County.
- Their response: too busy and too many state and national items listed. People will benefit more from a page that tells them how to search the catalogs than from prefab links
- Current style: Beaver County, Utah#Repositories
- Moving "table at the top" into Helpful Facts: With SEO, it was too busy at the top. It allows for a rectangular photo;
Decisions to make, things to do:
- Temple records are addressed under "Tracing LDS Ancestors". Should something be on the county page if there is a Temple in their county?
- Pat will fix the Utah Church Records page and will refer them to the county pages for membership records -- not done as yet (Knee surgery)
- Bible records Pat will ask DUP
- Vital records area needs to be populated (the one before birth)- Wilma still to do
- Wilma will focus soon on Deaths, then Marriages.
- Project end: We will adapt some of the tasks for the Ohio project so people will have something constructive to do after we are not actively engaged. Wilma plans to be finished with her parts (see below) by March 31.
- Next meeting: June 5th.
- Extinct counties need to be added to the Utah page, with links to pages for them
- Pat sent a site for Utah Place Names include extinct places. Where Utah gazetteers pages List of all towns, communities, then a picture from that place.
- Wilma will make a link to the counties from the Utah church records page
- To do: county blurb with links to Utah Maps page.
- Genealogical Surveys also mentioned in a previous meeting: Do only for Ogden, Davis, Salt Lake? and others with large compilations. P 13 of printed version Utah Research Outline granite stake, Ogden Stake, 289.3?...
From previous meetings:
- Not a priority: Gallery of images: Joy and I talked about this. Need a process, so others can submit images of the various counties and we won't have to maintain it. (More discussion in Nov 21 meeting. Get with Joy about those suggestions.)
- FHLC links.
- To do: once Libraries section is ready, show the FHLC links to the person who has not liked them.
- Wording for other topics.
- Marriages -- many people may have married in a Temple, and their records recorded there.