FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Utah Tasks CemeteriesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Return to Utah Wiki Project Main Page
Add links to online cemetery records for each of the 29 counties in Utah.
It is expected this task will take less than 15 minutes per county, after the first county you do.
|Since you will be "toggling" between this task page and the county page, you may want to have both pages open at the same time. Simply right-click on Project page (colored section on the right) and select either "Open in new window" or "Open in new tab."|
Summary of steps:
- Step 1: Prepare the county Wiki page
- Step 2: Copy the Templates for the Cemeteries area
- Step 3: Finish the Find A Grave information
Step 1: Prepare the county Wiki page
Under the Cemeteries heading, simply press Enter three times to move any existing content down and make room for what you will add.
NOTE: we repect the work of others, so we don't want to change their work at this point in the task.
Step 2: Copy the Templates for the Cemeteries area
In this step, you will copy, then paste templates to the county under the "Cemeteries" heading. Here's how:
Step 3: Finish the Find A Grave information
In this step, you will edit the link to Find A Grave to match the county you are working on. Here's how:
To finish before project is ready for volunteers
- Utah burial database
- To get this database ready, create template: Needs to explain only the first 200 are shown. If you need additional results, please refine your query. Utah Cemetery and Burial Database by Utah State History a division of Utah Department of Community and Culture.
- Can people search by county? Yes, but with only 200 results displayed. Tell the choices. Link to the spot, does not need to be changed county by county.
- USGenWeb tombstone project for Utah. usually gives the names of the deceased in alphabetical order by last name with birth and death dates plus any remarks.
- Billion Graves
- Cemeteries for Utah -- google search for Utah Cemeteries
- Beaver Epodunk gives the names of the cemeteries in the county with a link to a map and more information such as address, phone number, and web site.
- to get epodunk ready, create template
- needs full instructions, or can someone figure it out from the way Find A Grave was done?
Sign Up Chart
Volunteers are needed to check all 29 counties, adding items as appropriate. Please place four tildes (~~~~) in the "Volunteer" column next to the counties you choose for this task. This will automatically give your username and the date you signed up.