FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Waypointing/South Africa, Church of the Province of South Africa, Parish Registers, 1850-2004Edit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Project Name: South Africa, Church of the Province of South Africa, Parish Registers, 1850-2004 - DB
Project Owner: Travis Mecham, firstname.lastname@example.org, 801-240-5017
Alternative Contacts: Caleb Pusey, email@example.com, 801-240-2592
Project Completion Deadline: January 31, 2012
- Go to “File,” “Open Project,” and select “South Africa, Church of the Province of South Africa, Parish Registers, 1850-2004 - DB” from the list on the Waypointing Wiki page from the drop-down menu, then click “OK.”
- There should not be any Administrative images on this project.
- The Consolidated Form for this project has seven fields:
- Country – This item should always be South Africa. However, if you find a different country listed please list the correct country in this field.
- Province - If present on the records, please put the Province in this field. If you cannot easily find the Province name, leave this field blank.
- Municipality or Town – The municipality or town name can be found in the records.
- Parish – The name of the parish can be found in the records. In some cases the name of the parish will be the same as the name of the town or the parish name will correspond with the name of the church. Please enter what is listed in the record.
- Record type – The record type can be found in the records.
- Beginning Year – Earliest year in a volume. Waypoints should be on a volume level. If there are multiple books in a folder, please give each book its own waypoint. There are no administrative images or book covers to indicate when a new book starts, so please pay close attention for shape or size changes in the thumbnails.
- Ending Year - Latest year in a volume.
- Once the consolidated form is complete, highlight the item it applies to and click “New.”
- Repeat this process until all items have been Waypointed with their own Consolidated Form.
- When you are confident that all waypoints are correct, click “Finish.” A new folder should load, or you can start with step 1 of these instructions to open a new folder.
- When you have finished your first folder, please send an email to Travis, so he can audit your work and give feedback on any issues he finds.
Each book should belong to one parish. If there are multiple parishes in a volume, please leave the parish field blank, and send an email to the Project Owner with the DGS#.
Be aware, there are no film notes for this project. Please do the best you can to find the information in the records, and don't be afraid to leave a field blank if the information is not there.
We want your opinion!
Give feedback on two US state pages by clicking on the purple button belowClick Here