FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Wiki DesignEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
To create entry and landing pages in the wiki that more clearly illustrate and describe the use of the wiki as a genealogical research tool; how it can enhance both beginning and advanced family historians' understanding of where and how to search for information concerning their ancestors; and to give more information to users who might be interested in helping in specific ways.
We are focusing on the following types of users:
- Researchers & Research Helpers (Consultants, etc.)
- Maintenance workers (we believe we can draw more people in, who want to help in small ways by doing maintenance work)
- If anyone is having a hard time verbally describing a layout design they’d like considered, there are a number of free or inexpensive mockup applications available that can be used to create an image(s) to share with others.
Links to Sandbox Pages with Suggested Formats
Links to Comments and thoughts:
Register to Participate
Add in your information by editing the table.
|Name||Interest||Contact Info (Email) Optional||WikiUser Name|
|James Tanner|| Organization and Design
|Rorie Jenson||O&Dfirstname.lastname@example.org|| jenson1|
Meetings and Announcements
We currently meet every Friday. Anyone is welcome to attend.
- Time: 8:30-10:30am MDT
- Place: MeetingPlace ID# 5889
- Go to MeetingPlace then enter the ID#
- If needed, call 877-453-7266 and enter the ID#
Eventually, as we get into the more detailed topics, we may split into smaller groups.
Past Meeting Minutes
- March 2, 2012 - General discussion on what the home page should have in it.
- March 9, 2012 - Discussed the specific topics and the areas that we want to walk the patrons through when they get to the home page
- March 16, 2012
- Create list of existing beginners pages
- Create "Things to do" list for people who want to contribute but aren't sure where to start
- Someone to follow blogs and add items that should be added to the wiki to one page
- Someone to add those pieces of information to the pages they belong on
- Thought: break out tasks by region?