FamilySearch Wiki:WikiProject Wiki Design PagesEdit This Page
From FamilySearch Wiki
Revision as of 15:40, 27 July 2012 by VasquezJL
- Get started in doing genealogy research - new genealogists - how to get started. Could include some about using the wiki as a beginner.
- Locating information about someone - success stories. Step by step how to get a good result on finding more information about an ancestor(s). Not for complete beginners - they at least have a name and a little info. (Example 1 | Example 2 | Example 3)
- Learn how to use the wiki for research (for researchers with a little more experience) - more generic - explaining how the wiki works as a tool for research - use “what links here,” page navigation, features such as watching, topics, etc.
- Want more information about a specific locality/topic - how the place pages work in the wiki
- Search Strategies - how to search in the wiki
- Organize my genealogy information - organization methods, software programs
- Connect with others - get or give individual help through FHCs, societies, forums, the Facebook pages, etc. (Getting Individual Help)
- Frequently asked Questions
- Obtain Individualized Help
- Add something you know to the wiki (getting started steps) - Just get people into their first 3-5 edits to the wiki, what do you need to know to get started? https://vineyard.lds.org/Home/Activity/33
- Find ways you can help (things to do)
- Understand how the wiki is organized (for contributors with a little more experience)
- Connect with others - already exists
- Find Contributor Help articles - already exists
- Training others to use the wiki and/or contribute to it - This is the landing page for “Wiki Trainers” and others like them - "train the trainer"
New to the Research Wiki?
In the FamilySearch Research Wiki, you can learn how to do genealogical research or share your knowledge with others.Learn More